New arrival…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
andylaw79

andylaw79

Über Member
Arch said:
No no no, sorry, I may have misled you.... Oli is my nephew. There is no Mr Arch, and never has been one who liked the idea of procreating. And at nearly 40, it's not looking likely now, so Oli is getting all my attention.

;) Sorry Arch I just presumed.

Arch

Married to Night Train
andylaw79 said:
xx( Sorry Arch I just presumed.

No worries. I did say he was my nephew, but I'll put you missing that down to what my sister described a month after giving birth as "post natal cheese-for-brains"....;)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Arch said:
No no no, sorry, I may have misled you.... Oli is my nephew. There is no Mr Arch, and never has been one who liked the idea of procreating. And at nearly 40, it's not looking likely now, so Oli is getting all my attention. My sister better have another, or Oli is going to be spoilt rotten, he's the only one of his generation, there's only me and my sister, and Oli's dad is an only child.... I try and get to see him avery couple of months or so - last time was Christmas, and he'll be so much advanced now.

My aunt never had any children and as a child I loved having an adult outside the immediate family who really loved us. Yes she spoilt us but also did different things with us than my parents did. It was great to go and stay with her. Other aunts had their own children and we just mucked in with what they were doing but that aunt was special. In fact its one of my earliest memories is when one of my sisters was born, and we were sitting on the sofa being ignored as everyone coo'd over the new baby. My aunt came in with toys for us and whisked us off for a few days of attention.

Arch said:
No worries. I did say he was my nephew, but I'll put you missing that down to what my sister described a month after giving birth as "post natal cheese-for-brains"....;)

Did your sister think that it ever goes away? I'm afraid ... some of it is gone for ever!xx(

Arch

Married to Night Train
summerdays said:
My aunt never had any children and as a child I loved having an adult outside the immediate family who really loved us. Yes she spoilt us but also did different things with us than my parents did. It was great to go and stay with her. Other aunts had their own children and we just mucked in with what they were doing but that aunt was special. In fact its one of my earliest memories is when one of my sisters was born, and we were sitting on the sofa being ignored as everyone coo'd over the new baby. My aunt came in with toys for us and whisked us off for a few days of attention.

Blimey, I'm welling up. I do intend to be a Most Excellent Aunt. I have a godmother who once let me have chocolate cake for breakfast, so I'm aiming for a little bit anarchic.

Did your sister think that it ever goes away? I'm afraid ... some of it is gone for ever!:biggrin:

I think she's sussed that now!

Headgardener

Armchair Cyclist
I am like you Arch but of the male gender and at nine months off of fifty I don't think there is much chance of producing a family of my own:sad:, but I do have a neice and nephew who are in their late teens who know that their uncle will spoil them rotten at every available opportunity:smile:.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Headgardener said:
I am like you Arch but of the male gender and at nine months off of fifty I don't think there is much chance of producing a family of my own:sad:, but I do have a neice and nephew who are in their late teens who know that their uncle spoils them at every available opportunity:smile:.

Ah, but men get extra time...

I'm going to get Oli his first bike, and I can't wait until he and I can go out for a ride together.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
How about a bit of sperm donation and if Arch has twins you could have one each! Sorted!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Headgardener said:
Not quite certain how to answer that one.

No, me neither!

No history of twins in my family that I know of....

Hell, I don't even know if I'm fertile, never having tried!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Arch said:
No, me neither!

No history of twins in my family that I know of....

Hell, I don't even know if I'm fertile, never having tried!

Arch, stumped for words? A first, surely:biggrin:

OP
OP
andylaw79

andylaw79

Über Member
I might be barking up the wrong tree here, but isn't there a higher chance of twins the older a woman has children?. Sort of putting all your eggs into one basket so to speak.

Arch

Married to Night Train
rich p said:
Arch, stumped for words? A first, surely:biggrin:

Oi, you, watch it!

;)

Andy, that theory rings a bell. Dunno though. My Mum was nearly 40 when my sister came along. Oh yes: my sister hated to be still in the pram, moving: fine, stop: howling. Mum left her outside the grocers one day (you could, back then) and a matronly Irish lady came in and demanded to know "whose wean is crying outside". Wearily my Mum said "she's mine, she always does that" and the matronly woman huffed "typical, you young mothers!" My Mum said she could have kissed her for a remark like that - she was 39 and felt about 50!

Arch

Married to Night Train
andylaw79 said:
I might be barking up the wrong tree here, but isn't there a higher chance of twins the older a woman has children?. Sort of putting all your eggs into one basket so to speak.

Actually, I'm not sure you should refer to my womb as 'a basket' though....;)

Top Bottom