New Boardman CX Team 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru
New budget rack and bag from Ebay, £31.75 total

IMAG0526.jpg

IMAG0525.jpg

IMAG0523.jpg

VamP

Banned
The appeal is the brakes, my best bike is running 105 brakes and they fade on the steep hills in the wet, god knows what the crappy Canti's will be like, and almost 100% CX bikes seem to come with Canti's. Guessing alot of 2012 bikes will run discs now they are approved, Boardman ahead of the game again, along with Evans own brand Pinnacle.

The appeal is all on the commuter/tourer side, as you don't see many disc equipped bikes in races. Ergo I suspect it has less to do with UCI approval, and more to do with people's general preferences. Effectivelly, it's tapping into a wider market appreciation of a bike that's kinda a hybrid, but with drops.

A niche within a segment, if you like, rather than a mass revolution.

jt657

I bloody love this bike. I'm thinking about getting one after Xmas when hopefully the price will have reduced. A quick question; on day-rides, and longer tours (if you've done any), does it provide high levels of comfort-or is it a bit rigid for that?

OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru
Does anyone find the shifting at the levers heavy? Moving the double tap lever to the left feels quite stiff, it all works ok though. I have Apex on my road Boardman and the shifting is far lighter, the difference is that the shifters are Rival and the gear cables run exposed for most of the length, the CX gear cables are enclosed all the way. Do you think that the outers are compressing a bit?

Andrew_P

In between here and there
My big cog is pretty stiff changing up, would anyone be able to post some close up pics of their Bottom Bracket, mine looks quite exposed and I cannot see a wave washer, not sure if it should have one. May pop into a Halfords and look at one on display.

I have had grit get in to my BB30, which is a bit worrying.

OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru
Does anyone find the shifting at the levers heavy? Moving the double tap lever to the left feels quite stiff, it all works ok though. I have Apex on my road Boardman and the shifting is far lighter, the difference is that the shifters are Rival and the gear cables run exposed for most of the length, the CX gear cables are enclosed all the way. Do you think that the outers are compressing a bit?

Wrong, the cables are exposed, just checked, doh!

Andrew_P

In between here and there
wow thanks for that, identical to mine. I had a really loud clicking BB and Halfords cleaned and greased and said it was grit in it and I was to wash down the bike after every wet or muddy ride ot it would happen again..

Darren862

Hi, bought mine through C2W just before Christmas. Very pleased, so far. The brakes keep squealing but wiping the discs with white spirit stops that. SKS guards and a Topeak rack all fitted by myself in very little time and only needed to bend the one stay around the front caliper. Both bought from Halfords and I would recommend both of them.

_DJP7246.jpg

_DJP7247.jpg

_DJP7248.jpg

_DJP7250.jpg

_DJP7252.jpg

Which sks mudguards did you fit as the yours do not look like any on the halfords website? I am buying a barely used boardman cx team next month. Also which topeak rack, was it the disc brake specific?
Hi, bought mine through C2W just before Christmas. Very pleased, so far. The brakes keep squealing but wiping the discs with white spirit stops that. SKS guards and a Topeak rack all fitted by myself in very little time and only needed to bend the one stay around the front caliper. Both bought from Halfords and I would recommend both of them.

_DJP7246.jpg

_DJP7247.jpg

_DJP7248.jpg

_DJP7250.jpg

_DJP7252.jpg

Top Bottom