New cat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just for Crackle...:rain:

We have a new cat. Baggy spotted him on a mad cat lady forum. He was stray and living in an animal rescue having been rescued from the RSPCA, who would have had him put down, rather than trying to rehome him.

He's about 10ish, has a heart murmur and had to have an ear removed because of a cancerous growth. Oh and most of his teeth are going to have to come out. :rofl:

Ladies, gentlemen and Crackle, meet Doogie Meowser. AKA The Doog, DM or The Boot.

Dougie008.jpg
[/IMG]

He's a great looking cat. Style, character and pure unadulterated wild cattiness and wot a litany of cat issues. I bow to your choice. Brilliant.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
One of our's had all her teeth out - she still catches stuff ....ahem......... the other two are useless....... even the 'youngster'.....

Only 10, looks healthy.........

That is an evil looking cat. Don't turn your back on it, it may be losing teeth but it still has claws. :rain:
You must truly love cats. Personally I don't, the one living in my house is one too many. My wife has a cat and we tolerate each other (the cat and I that is, not MrsP......though sometimes...).

I hope The Doog has has a wonderful life with you.

oxbob

That is one fugly ball of evil fur!! look at that stare "if that camera flash goes off again you too will have ears like mine"

We had a cat with cat leprosy once. Covered in bumps it was, blind but not in pain. It lived a good life to the end, fierce and characterful, it still insisted on going walkabout and harassing dogs. Many's the call we had about a sick cat in their garden and round we'd go to collect him.

longers

Legendary Member
Hello Boot :rain:

peanut

he's a handsome boy .Real character ,a quiet self assurance. Bet he has you well trained already :rain::rofl:

Did he come via my Moggy ? or Purrs ? :rofl:

Piemaster said:
I thought leprosy was a nerve wasting disease, hence the cat wouldn't be suffer any pain because it wouldn't feel anything if it hurt itself.

No she was not in pain. It was a long time ago now and I was young and not as medically aware plus there was no internet then, so my recollection of the explanation is hazy. I tried finding a decent explanation on Google but didn't find a satisfactory one. It differs from human leprosy and it isn't contagious to other cats.

Edit: There is a heavily vet speak explanation here

Top Bottom