New cat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Nice moggy, having been owned by cats for most of my life, I recognise the 'Sod off and leave me alone' look he has clearly mastered.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Young Doogie is honestly not evil, even if he looks it. He did wake Chuffy up by nibbling his eyebrow, but I'm sure he was just after attention and not trying to eat him.
Peanut: He was homed via Purrs :smile:
Here he is enjoying some sun in the back yard:
Dougiecourtyardsun.jpg

Night Train

Maker of Things
Awwww, he looks like such a sweet puddy tat.

Bet the ear story is just something he has been putting about since he lost the fight with a mouse. :smile:

I've had cats with no teeth who have managed dried food and still dispatched a few mice. Lack of teeth doesn't seem to bother them.

newbiebiker

now finally she's found a home. i'm so glad you gave it to her. i've lots of astray cats to feed here too. they'd come for food but you can't even get near them coz they'd run like you're a real threat to their lives. perhaps they're contented with what they have now and they just appreciate the fact that they'd get free food from me :blush:.

peanut

Night Train said:
Lack of teeth doesn't seem to bother them.

If you chop their food up real small it should be a bit easier for teethless cats. Natural foods like prawns and cooked fish is soft anyway but I give my two minced beef occasionally and that's really easy for them to eat.

Peanut hasn't had a dental for nearly 2x years and I finaly managed to get a look at his teeth the other night . I was horrified by what I saw. A huge lump of calcium on one of his back teeth.
My partner (ex vet nurse) simply hooked it off with her fingernail.:blush::ohmy::ohmy: I thought at first she had pulled the whole tooth out as it clunked onto the table.

Take a look at this ,as Steve Erwine would say.
calcium-1.jpg

Going to book Pea in for a dental next week . No wonder he was scratching the side of his face with his paw occasionally.

barq

My cat is a rescue too. I was living in Birmingham and a friend working in a homeless hostel asked me if I'd take a cat. Apparently one of the men in the hostel had been walking around with kittens in his trench-coat pockets for two weeks. He had rescued them from some crack house in Sparkbrook. He was only prepared to give up the kittens if they could find homes because he was scared the RSPCA would put them down. I suspect his fears might have been unfounded because kittens are easier to home, but anyway his heart was in the right place and he undoubtedly saved their lives.

I agreed to take one if they had a short-haired female. "No problem" said my friend and turned up half an hour later with a long-haired tom cat. :blush: He is probably part Norwegian Forest cat and has turned into the biggest hairiest cat I've ever seen.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Baggy said:
Doogie might look a bit stern, but he's seriously friendly. He *loves* Chuffy.

Is that because of his pointy ears?

Night Train

Maker of Things
All of my cats are rescues with various histories. They make great pets with personality.

With my first toothless cat the vet said that her gums would toughen up and to keep her on the dry food after the first week on soft food while her gums healed. She was able to crunch her food fine from day one as she wasn't keen on soft food and just nicked the biscuits from the other cats.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
There is a chance of me acquiring a third cat. ;)

It is a stray cat in someone's large garden. They already have a dog and a cat and three children, and do not want another cat. It is a young male, very friendly. This afternoon it will be taken to the Vet to give it a check over, and see if it is micro-chipped.

The vet close to where it is, has a notice in the window about this cat being found. I am being cautious, because I do not want to adopt the stray and then find it does not get on with my two current owners. :becool:

Is there anything else I should do? If I take it in, and after three weeks or so, fur is still flying between three cats, will the Cats Protection League take it, or is that my problem for taking it in? Or should it go to local CPL for a few weeks first or until claimed?

My other two owners cats are rescued cats, and were chosen from Cats Protection League. Anyone got any advice?

jack the lad

I really don't understand the appeal of these vermin. Our neighbourhood was mercifully cat free and rich in bird life until recently. Now it has fallen eerily silent when it should be alive with birdsong and there is a big fat neighbours cat sitting on my lawn. It is what the catapult was designed for! Please keep yours under control and out of my space.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
We the missus has a cat...a stray kitten which crawled under the hedge one day a few years ago now we are stuck with the bloody thing....despite the bells on its collar it still manages to catch birds mice and frogs :smile: the bairn & 'er indoors love it but ive never liked moggies....and its always my lap it jumps up on.:biggrin:
With a bit o' luck the poxy thing will get lost when we move house :smile:

[ATTACH=full]169906[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• mkwrqx.jpg
    mkwrqx.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 0
Top Bottom