New cat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
The Doog reminds me of growltiger:

"One ear was somewhat missing, no need to tell you why...."

Jack and Gary, were you never taught the principle of "if you can't think of something nice to say, say nothing."?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Young male stray was taken to the Vet this afternoon, and no microchip found. He is an entire male, and gosh he has got some big ... whiskers.:biggrin:

He was very hungry. He is quite safe in these people's very large garden, is being fed, and watered. This gives me time to think about this, and for the owners to claim him.

After his visit to the vet, I brought him back here, still in a cat basket, before returning him to his usual garden.

The younger cat sort of met him, and did not complain. Older cat had gone walkabout because he does not like the window cleaner. I need to know that the stray could be re-homed if my current owners object to a new brother.

My vet did not charge for a quick look at (tbc) Timmy. But eeekkk how much is castration?

longers

Legendary Member
Speicher said:
But eeekkk how much is castration?

Quite a few quid but various animal charities from time to time will get you a big discount on the op because it's so beneficial not to have young toms running around fully intact. Worth checking out RSPCA, PDSA, CPL etc etc.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Serious second thoughts are being entertained here, after spending some time with young stray yesterday. He is still entire, at approx 18 months old, and not microchipped. This makes me wonder how long he has been a stray. He was not ever so happy being picked up. :rolleyes: I think he is not used to a domestic environment, although he is not a wild cat.

My two owners get on extremely well together, they go out at the same time of night, and back in at the same time next morning, and share food dishes. I think I will be taking a big chance with this stray, he would probably upset the other two. Current plan is to arrange food for him, and try and find the owner. He is safe where he is for now. Then I might take him and a donation for his board and lodging to the CPL.

Gary Askwith said:
We the missus has a cat...a stray kitten which crawled under the hedge one day a few years ago now we are stuck with the bloody thing....despite the bells on its collar it still manages to catch birds mice and frogs :rolleyes: the bairn & 'er indoors love it but ive never liked moggies....and its always my lap it jumps up on.:rolleyes:
With a bit o' luck the poxy thing will get lost when we move house :smile:

Almost a carbon copy of my situation, barring I'm slightly better off as it leaves me alone. No plans on moving though.:sad:

Speicher said:
He was not ever so happy being picked up :sad:. I think he is not used to a domestic environment, although he is not a wild cat.

Wifes cat does not like being picked up and its been a house cat since getting it as a kitten.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Speicher said:
Current plan is to arrange food for him, and try and find the owner. He is safe where he is for now. Then I might take him and a donation for his board and lodging to the CPL.
It's probably worth contacting your CPL now so they can place him on a waiting list, rescues seem to be packed out at the moment. They will also be keen to get him neutered asap if he isn't claimed.

Doogie sends a big purr in thanks for everyone's nice comments :blush:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Latest news. The owner of the Garden has now said that she is getting very fond of her new lodger. So they might think about keeping him. :blush:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Speicher said:
Serious second thoughts are being entertained here, after spending some time with young stray yesterday. He is still entire, at approx 18 months old, and not microchipped. This makes me wonder how long he has been a stray. He was not ever so happy being picked up. :welcome: I think he is not used to a domestic environment, although he is not a wild cat.

My two owners get on extremely well together, they go out at the same time of night, and back in at the same time next morning, and share food dishes. I think I will be taking a big chance with this stray, he would probably upset the other two. Current plan is to arrange food for him, and try and find the owner. He is safe where he is for now. Then I might take him and a donation for his board and lodging to the CPL.

Speicher said:
Latest news. The owner of the Garden has now said that she is getting very fond of her new lodger. So they might think about keeping him. :bicycle:

An update on the Stray Cat. He has made himself at home in that particular large garden, and has been allowed into the house. The people he now owns have taken him to the Vet. He is now called (Captain) Picard. This is highly relevant, one of the cats that owns me, is called Tasha (Yar). :biggrin:

Top Bottom