New Cycling Club: Rollapaluza CC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rollapaluza

A new cycling club for London! Less formal than other London clubs, the Rollapaluza team is open to all London cyclists who want to take part in all forms of cycling, social and competitive.
There will be no pressure to compete, but if you want to, we are affiliated to British cycling and count two qualified coaches in our membership as well as some experienced racers from the world’s of track, mtb, road and courier-racing….some familiar faces to you I’m sure….so there’ll be plenty of advice and help floating round and hopefully occasional transport to events too.
Rollapaluza CC members get their own website to which they can post articles, results, pictures, stories etc as well as a member-only forum and a "rollapaluza.cc" email address.
The biggest benefit is we have engaged the services of "Big Daddy Wayne" to design our jersey and it’s pretty sweet….all race clothing will be cost price to members who’ll also receive miniscule discounts on Rollapaluza entry fees and tee shirts.
If you didn’t think you wanted to join a club, we could be the club for you!
www.rollapaluza.cc for more details.
Also we have updated our main roller-racing site, with new logo, details of new services, rules and History:
www.rollapaluza.com

Join a club full of fakengers poncing about? No thanks.

yello

It reads like a broad church to me, I'm sure one could avoid the 'fakengers' if one so chose. I'd probably join if I were still in London.

walker

All looks good to me but..........

to join you HAVE to buy a club jersey, there is not a single mention of a club run/training run. Look's a lot like Agiskoviner club.

walker

Aint Skeered said:
Strange indeed.

Walker, Agiskoviner seem to to be a very serious team/ club, so I don't think you can draw a comparison there.

Oh indeed they are, but if you look at the website it doesn't appear that the lower leaguers have club runs and you have to buy a shirt to join, that was the only comparison I was making. They are a great team and multinational too, I might join them when I move to Oz

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Aint Skeered said:
Strange indeed.

It's harmless enough - I'd guess that the couriers choose their togs for a certain level of urban practicality, and those copying the look have a degree of that about them too (with the bonus that it's currently "cool").

Aint Skeered

Dave5N said:
Wish you every success Rolla pwhatever.

You look like loads of fun and I hope you turn round and bite the miserable critical bastards on the arse.

As far as I'm concerned anybody who wants to join a club, can only help the sport, no matter what they look like.

Buffalo Bill

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Join a club full of fakengers poncing about? No thanks.

Right.

Wait a minute, are you a messenger?

James, Darren and John are.

Caspar, Charlene, Winston and I used to be (you can call us exengers if you like).

All Rollapaluza members.

Rollapaluza has other members who are not messengers (but you never know, maybe they might become messengers in the future - let's call them potentialengers, shall we?)

http://www.movingtargetzine.com/article/i-hate-fakenger

I don't know what 'poncing about' is, but Rollapaluza is for cyclists. Not miserable sods.

Top Bottom