New cycling mag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rustybucket

Veteran
not enough magazine I will have to subscribe to...

I already have 5 delivered a month, not sure I could squeeze a 6th in.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Sounds good, hopefully there will be stuff on long term test, if you're looking for real information on a product the only thing that will really sway me is someone's views after living with it for at least 3-6 months.

Agreed, long-term tests like in Ride would be great. It's the nature of the beast that you have to compromise on that a bit, since you have to get your review in print while it's still timely - no point publishing a review of last year's bike - but revisiting stuff further down the line is a great idea, and definitely one of the things we're hoping to do.

What we really need is a magazine that is aimed at the everyday cyclist.

The commuter and ad hoc cyclist rather than the more sporty type of cyclist.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
After the absurd number of phone calls I received after a similar free issue offer from Cyclist magazine I will not be signing up for a free copy.

Good luck with it Smutchin, doubt I'll ever buy a copy though as I can not stand magazine reviews.

How much Smutch?
Too much and it won't get a touch.
Too little and you'll be living in a hutch

Wot? It's the best I could do.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Rated by whom? Journos who were writing for a hi fi magazine 3 years ago?

I could make all kinds of claims for our journalistic integrity and expertise but I'll leave that to you to judge for yourselves based on the evidence of what's in the mag. (But fwiw, one of our team used to run a bike shop and two of the Cyclist editorial team are former elite level racers.)

Good luck with it Smutchin, doubt I'll ever buy a copy though as I can not stand magazine reviews.

Fair enough! I appreciate it won't be for everybody.

zizou

Veteran
I dont have much interest in magazine reviews of bikes and kit these days as the internet whether it be forum comments or user reviews on other sites fill that role better for me. However if you want a constructive suggestion then id like to see comparision reviews based on a more scientific basis similar to what the German magazine Tour does. They'll have comparision tests of different bikes, helmets etc in wind tunnels, tyre tests on rolling roads to measure resistance, (etc) and things like that - they let the figures speak for themselves regardless of manufacturers claims. That sort of thing would interest me. Maybe only me though!

Anyway despite my preference i know alot of others like reading reviews so good luck with the new venture

Last edited:
Top Bottom