FNRttC New production run of club shirts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
all paid up, signed up etc but didn't get a mail from the Fridays or cc
you won't have had anything from CC. If you had paid your Fridays subs before February 23 on that date you should have an email about the shirts. This went to members only. It might have gone into your Spam folder as it was "mass mailing".

It didn't go to those non-members who had signed up for the email updates as many of them are not members: they tend to see a night ride they want to do and then save up their two pounds and join.

I agree that only members of the Fridays should be able to buy and wear them, if that's what you mean.
That would be my 'preference' as well.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
While I sympathise with your preferences, and agree with them, I suspect that minimising effort for the Chief Steward and the other little helpers means that it's impractical to implement them.

I would propose, instead, looking down on any non-member who chooses to buy and wear our kit as a cad and a bounder, while acknowledging that they have impeccable taste and style. And deep pockets, as other kit is available for much less dosh.

Mine arrived today!! :wahhey:

Quality looks fabulous and fit definitely better than the Mark I version. So pleased the red is proper red, not orangey-red. Can't wait to wear them tomorrow on Kajsa Tylen's group ride!!

IMG_20160409_135507.jpg

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Well, I like my LS Mark 1 (which has had much use since I got it), which fits me perfectly, but excuses to buy another one are welcome!

kimble

Veteran
Mine also arrived this morning, and appears to fit shockingly well. That pretty much never happens. I should probably go and buy an Audax UK one on general principle.

srw

IMG_20160411_175040029.jpg

Despite @mmmmartin's scepticism it isn't too large. The stomach is cut quite close, but fortunately the fabric is quite stretchy.

If I were being very pernickety I'd point out that some of the colours are bleeding into the white, very slightly, but that's very minor and a bit churlish.

This is the soft shell jacket, incidentally.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
exactly that problem has happened with many items of clothing I own. This is strange, because it never happened when I younger. Obviously the design of clothing has changed over the years. I blame the changing weather. Funnily enough, I used to be a Medium in all things but seem now to be Small in chest size but XL in girth.

Also - I'm very keen on the soft-shell jacket, so I shall be asking @srw questions about it. It looks to me an ideal bit of kit for rides that are chilly but not frigging freezing. And might go rather well with a pair of colour=co-ordinated yellow Rainlegs.

srw

I rather suspect it will have a holiday in Belgium.

kimble

Veteran
Took my jersey for a ride this afternoon (it being warm enough for short sleeve jerseys, at least until the rain started), and it still fits shockingly well. That was onna upwrong, so the recumbent seat compatibility test is still pending, but I'm not anticipating serious issues - Ventisit is pretty tolerant, and I can always vandalise the zip on the rear pocket if necessary.

For future reference: this is a women's 'L', I'm normally a size 14, more shoulders than boobs, and tend to have issues with waistbands riding up (eg. the Owayo unisex sport cut, in which I'm also an 'L', and have historically resorted to re-sewing the waistband, and the Foska women's 14, which just seems too short). It's pretty much spot on in the arms and neck.

Top Bottom