New starter to cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Chaz32

Chaz32

Regular
Another update Yesterday I bought myself a used gt bike Got it really cheap £50 it had problems. Rear gears were not working so changed the cable now changes beautifully. Rear tyre had puncture so repaired that. Went for my usual ride and I love the bike. Unfortunately the rear tyre went flat within 1 mile so my dad had to rescue me. It has a front disk brake the brake starts working just by squeezing the brake lever a very small amount however it has very limited stopping power but the rear v brake is very powerful. I will look into why the front brake is not working well thinking maybe new brake pads. The only other problem is the front headset has play and I need to get a new headset or bearing set. But I felt at home on the bike from the first second I got on it was a real pleasure to ride. Front suspension works very well and I feel confident and comfortable on it. I also enjoyed working on it. carerra auction on ebay ends at 8.30 pm so hope I can get reasonable money for it.

OP
OP
Chaz32

Chaz32

Regular
Another update currently cycling 8 miles a day bike seems nice to ride enjoying the night rides and the smells in the country side remind me of my youth. Sold carrera for 75 on ebay glad to get rid of it to be honest GT BIke feel more solid and feel safe on it i can even turn my head backwards when cycling and still feel in control. Really want to cycle 18 miles a day but don`t have the time. Guess I should just get up earlier and make time always feel better after a nice bike ride than before.

Top Bottom