New Tacx Genius T2020 Multiplayer ordered...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cloggsy

Boardmanist
I've finally gone and done it; I've ordered a new Tacx Genius Turbo Trainer, but alas have been informed by e-mail that I won't receive it until at least mid-January :angry:

I went to the Bicycle Show at the NEC in November with a view to buying one, only to be told they weren't coming out 'til mid-December... Now it's mid-January... What's the delay?

I have read lots of tails of woe about software issues on the previous models...

Anyone got one or have any idea what the delay could possibly be?

I have contacted Tacx directly via there website - guess we'll see if we get a reply???

Seamab

They've probably just started writing the new TTS 4.0 software to go with it! I hope for your sake it doesn't take until v4.5 before it works - as has been the case with previous versions of their software. Good luck.

marcus1

Have faith. I got mine just before Christmas. Not had much time to play with it as have had a fowl cold. I know from speaking with the UK distributor that the numbers ordered were not being met by the TACX supply chain. The manual has numerous errors indicating to me that this product has been rushed to try and meet the winter market requirements. First impressions are good however with the software working fine once I managed to get it to find the brake, control console and backtrack strEering units. The software key inside the box did not work wither with Tacxs tech having to send me a new one.

OP
OP
cloggsy

cloggsy

Boardmanist
Have faith. I got mine just before Christmas. Not had much time to play with it as have had a fowl cold. I know from speaking with the UK distributor that the numbers ordered were not being met by the TACX supply chain. The manual has numerous errors indicating to me that this product has been rushed to try and meet the winter market requirements. First impressions are good however with the software working fine once I managed to get it to find the brake, control console and backtrack strEering units. The software key inside the box did not work wither with Tacxs tech having to send me a new one.

I was told none had been delivered because of an 'issue?'

Obviously that is not the case?

Do you have any of the 'real life' DVD training videos; any recommendations?

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Do you buy the disks, or can you download the 'videos'?

Legally , you buy the disks ;)

Seamab

What version of the TTS software did you get with the Genius? Was it 3.7?
It seems that v4 is not yet released and if previous Tacx history is anything to go by you'll need to pay for the upgrade (should you wish to upgrade).

I also ordered a Genius before xmas with a Dec delivery date, this moved immediately to Jan and then to Feb. I decided to cancel the order and got a fortius instead which is great but the steering frame refuses to work and the brake makes strange noises. Once we hit spring/ summer I will have them looked at under warranty but in the meantime it is great being able to ride anywhere in the world without traffic/ rain/ snow/ wind or bloody potholes!!

The rlv's are quality footage and providing you make use of smoothing software the google earth real life training works a treat as well. From the Tacx forums I understand they are hoping to make the rlv available via download and that there are some exciting prospects in the pipeline, Izoard, Bonnet, Stelvio etc in HD

Cloggsy, talk is that the Genius is shipping with version tts 3.7 which is just the current software with Genius drivers added. Don't worry too much though I impressed with 3.6 so far. :smile:

OP
OP
cloggsy

cloggsy

Boardmanist
I also ordered a Genius before xmas with a Dec delivery date, this moved immediately to Jan and then to Feb. I decided to cancel the order and got a fortius instead which is great but the steering frame refuses to work and the brake makes strange noises. Once we hit spring/ summer I will have them looked at under warranty but in the meantime it is great being able to ride anywhere in the world without traffic/ rain/ snow/ wind or bloody potholes!!

The rlv's are quality footage and providing you make use of smoothing software the google earth real life training works a treat as well. From the Tacx forums I understand they are hoping to make the rlv available via download and that there are some exciting prospects in the pipeline, Izoard, Bonnet, Stelvio etc in HD

Cloggsy, talk is that the Genius is shipping with version tts 3.7 which is just the current software with Genius drivers added. Don't worry too much though I impressed with 3.6 so far. :smile:

Where did you order from (if you don't mind me asking?)

Top Bottom