New Tacx Genius T2020 Multiplayer ordered...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cloggsy

cloggsy

Boardmanist
Hang on - multiplayer - like on a Xbox ?

Aren't you better off on the road with a mate or two ! :thumbsup:

Yes, but if the weather is rubbish then at least you can still do training runs - plus racing against other online might be a laugh...

Turbo training is inherantly boring by nature, so something to 'spice it up a bit' is more than welcome IMHO!

Edge705

I seriously want one of these but crikes the cost is really difficult to justify Im waiting for an xbox kinnect equivelent or something a bit cheaper its a lot of dosh for the odd winter turbo session but one of the best ways to train on a turbo most definately

looking forward to your review, especially on its ability to replicate climbs over 12% and if it is smooth on climbs at low speeds (the fortius can't cope with speeds bellow 10kph)

What rlv's have you ordered/ bought?

OP
OP
cloggsy

cloggsy

Boardmanist
What rlv's have you ordered/ bought?

None yet; was going to ask for recommendations...

I was going to start training using GPS routes to start with...

None yet; was going to ask for recommendations...

I was going to start training using GPS routes to start with...

I found that with the gps routes the gradient was terrible, jumping from 20% to - 5% and back over a few meters, making it impossible to cycle.

A bit of searching and this is a known problem with google mapping software. The solution is a program called 3D route builder,this allows you to import your route from google maps (as a url) and add the gradient data. It is then possible to smooth out all these irregularities using the program so slopes are evened out over short distances.

The program is about £15 but a free version is available, the freebie will only map a certain length and you have to export the finished file rather than save it. http://hybridgeotools.com/html/3d_route_builder.html
There are tutorial vids on the site and the amount of smoothing used can be altered. The program is quite resource hungry.

As for recommendations it depends wether you want undulating/ hills/ mountains ....

Seamab

It's here ^_^

Set up & ready to go...

Just need to fit my turbo tyre...

First session tonight I think!!!
Hope you enjoy it.

I remember the nightmare i had trying to fit my conti turbo tyre first time. I had a job getting even one side over the rim! Once fitted i then had my first shot on the Fortius and noticed that when i'd finished the carpet was covered with minute orange shreddings and my tyre now had a profile more square than round. I hadn't put sufficient tension on the roller. So the lesson is to calibrate the brake so that it is within whatever parameters the Genius requires before you set off.

OP
OP
cloggsy

cloggsy

Boardmanist
Well, had a bash for the first time last night.

I did a 27.5 mile route which I created on bikely.com and imported the .gpx file. It's a route I have done in the past with a couple of 7% to 10% climbs in it... I have to say it was pretty accurate & watching the route go by on Google Maps was good too!

There were little bits of blue rubber everywhere when I finished - New trainer tyre :o)

So far, so good & if it keeps me on the bike while the weather is crap outside, all the better!

Edge705

Well, had a bash for the first time last night.

I did a 27.5 mile route which I created on bikely.com and imported the .gpx file. It's a route I have done in the past with a couple of 7% to 10% climbs in it... I have to say it was pretty accurate & watching the route go by on Google Maps was good too!

There were little bits of blue rubber everywhere when I finished - New trainer tyre :o)

So far, so good & if it keeps me on the bike while the weather is crap outside, all the better!

Im jealous what was the final cost?

OP
OP
cloggsy

cloggsy

Boardmanist
Im jealous what was the final cost?
Just over a grand. Expensive I know, but worth it in the long run if it keeps my fitness up through the crappy weather. I'd have been happier if it was delivered before Christmas, but alas it wasn't to be (even though I ordered it on the 10th Dec!)

Top Bottom