New to CycleChat? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
Hello!

So I've found my way onto here whilst looking for reviews, some very helpful thoughts (thanks everyone!)

I'm fairly new to the road bike family, I converted only 6months ago and now find myself having to look for a new bike again - all too soon - as mine was stolen last week :sad:

Anyway, hello everyone!

Did you know there's a facebook page to report stolen bikes?
https://www.facebook.com/stolenbikedatabase1 - you never know, somebody might see it :smile:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi, Im Mark, im 42 and I live in Sussex. I have just this year got back into cycling after a 25 year...err... rest lol I have a mountain bike at the mo but want to get a road bike as well so I can keep riding during the winter months (looking at getting a turbo trainerfor this) and then get out on the tarmac when the weather gets good again (god knows when that will be??). SInce March this year I have lost over 2 stone in weight which is a big thing for me as I do like my food..and I have just done the London to Brighton off road bike ride which surprised my mates and the missus, who were the reason I got back on a bike after them saying I was a tad lardy and unfit...which to be fair i was......but I have to say I never felt better!

:welcome: Mark, well done on the weight loss!

Hello Ok first off I live in Minnesota USA.

As by my name, I am a disabled rider, who's sole transportation, is by bicycle, year round, even through Minnesota winters.

I need to clarify right from the beginning, so people realize, I AM NOT HERE TO TROLL. I have a serious issue that needs to be addressed. One in which my constitutionally protected right of freedom of movement is being challenged. As well as my right to live.

I recently discovered that my using common sense and biking style is criminal. To follow the law I WILL FOR A FACT BE KILLED. Nature of my disabilities do not mix with negligent drivers, which in my experience is "most" of you drivers out there. No offense, just real world observation.

I will go into detail in a thread I intend to start called Loss of "freedom of movement" for poor and disabled. Under current laws, we can not do the things we need to do, just to stay alive, without breaking laws. Laws which put us in deadly situations.

I am not here for entertainment. I am here because Of my constitutional rights and my life are being violated and endangered.

To those that think my predicament is entertainment, I ask you keep your comments to yourself. Your life is not at threat. Mine is.

To those that read my posts, will probably think I am insane or delusional or just plain wrong, or of a tinfoil hat nature. From your view, It will seam that way and may seam true. From mine, in the real world, it is what has kept me alive when following the letter of the law will kill me.(Fact) . As disabled rider 6+ years of cycling year round, zero injuries with 20 years+ total biking. Able body acquaintance of mine, in same time frame of 6 years, following letter of law, had 5 major accidents involving some hospital stays. Helmet did not do anything to help him, and in some cases made it worse, when parts of the car or other grabbed the helmet, yanking his head around..

Anyway Hi
Disabled Rider.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Hi
I'm fairly new to cycling - early morning rides are the only exercise that fits in with my busy working life. I have a hand-me-down bike (4th one in my life - never had a new one). Might be looking for a new bike for my next (big) birthday - may be looking for some suggestions from members here.
Love and light and all things groovy
Lesley
Hi Lesley, welcome to the forum from another Lincs rider..

Kay49

Hi All
Discovered CycleChat about a week ago and have just signed up within the hour and thought I'd better say hello. This sight is so informative. I love it. I am from Nottingham and have been cycling steadily to work for about a year.
I prepared myself for The Great Notts bike Ride by taking advantage of the Samsung Hope Relay App and completing 40 miles. Got more of a taste for long distance so been on a couple of 40 mile runs with CTC groups on weekends.
Anyway looking forward to chat about cycling etc and even the opportunity of being invited on more runs .
Ooh I'd also like to mention that someday I'd like to achieve the LeJog!! But after visiting Scotland in July a I've first decided I'd like to tour there by bike and am interested in The Tour of Scotland. Anyone near me interested?
Look forward to chatting

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome Kay49. Not too many female enthusiasts on here so good to have you. Touring Scotland is something I would love to do as well.

Kay49

Hi Cyclops, thanks for the welcome. I'm keeping a lookout for female enthusiasts too. I've got a genuine enthusiasm for cycling and hope I stay in good condition to fulfil a few of my wishes. I noticed the event for May 2013 to take part in the Tour of Scotland via this site and the idea is to raise funds for Tearfund

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: Kay49!
This tour of Scotland next July, I might go with you if all is still well by then: I am slow, but 50 mile stretches are no problem (yet, ha ha!)
I am a :girl: btw. In Scotland ;)

andsaw

Hello from me, been riding since june on an old mountain bike thats past its best before date after packing up smoking in march and then got a proper bike just under a month ago and loving it. I have been ring on and off since i was young and its getting easier, especially the breathing as i go out every day and getting further and further, 18.3 miles today took me 1 hr and 1 min @ average 17.5 mph, so just go to keep beating it now, i find it hard some days but still find it exhilarating thats the best bit and looking at the scenery is a bonus.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello Andrew and welcome. Keep it up with the cycling and you' ll soon have the smoking thing beat. On no time you will feel like a new person. The exercise thing can become quite addictive. Out of interest what sort of bike did you buy? I cant make it out on your avatar.

Keep it up.

John.

andsaw

Hi john, its a B'Twin Triban 3, im over the smoking thing now its just the recovery part now and the cycling is helping loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom