New to CycleChat? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris Mafitaly

Regular
Hi! To everyone!

tangogirl

I'm just debating to go on a ride by myself or do I wait for the other half to come aswell once he home frm work!
It's nice here! I need new wheels and tyres but putting it off all the time will have to think about doing it swn!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Great! Just goes to show you can get just as much pleasure from an old classic bike as you can from a carbon one costing megabucks. All I can get down here are the rejects that the rest of the world throws away, but I've managed to pick up some great stuff. In fact nearly bought an old peug a few weeks back from the mid eighties. Be nice if you could post a pic. Have fun.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
[quote="tangogirl, post: 2109790, member: 26653
It's nice here! I need new wheels and tyres but putting it off all the time will have to think about doing it swn![/quote

Sure you need new wheels? Might be possible to sort out the old ones if they're just a bit buckled.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sure, the weather here is always warm and nearly always sunny but sometimes when its 34c+ you can get dehydraded quickly. Interesting place but give me good old UK any time.

katchem kill em

Hey guys and hello....scrapped my car in august and bought a mtb bike ( only a bike off amazon) cant stay off it now...gonna upgrade in april to a proper mtb ie gt/giant....want a downhill bike for about £500 dont matter if 2nd hand....any advice on what to buy or avoid? Cheers boys....alan

Caribe Dave

Hi Shaun, I'd welcome your comments re cyclists trying to emulate Bradley and the Olympic brigade. I live in Shropshire and drive a car. ( far quicker than any limits, whilst safely, but thats my pleasure ). This weekend we had quite severe early morning fog - car headlights and fog lamps required. I was amazed to see some idiots sporting go faster, non reflective, Bradley gear without any front or rear lights on their racing bikes!! I know they are trying to emulate their heroes but I hate for them to end up in the same place as Tommy Simpson. Put some lights on please - it is the poor motorist who will get the blame and the mental anguish for driving at speeds below the limit in such harsh conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom