New to CycleChat? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnMc

Regular
Hi,
Have just registered.
Male 46 years old. Live in Preston.
Just bought my first road bike after using hybrid for last 12 months.

JohnMc

Regular
Hello John and welcome. Out of interest what road bike did you get, we are sort of anoraky about such things on here!

Was lucky enough to get a second hand Onix Azzuro - the very same one advertised in this blog...
http://philsroadbikingblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/onix-azzuro-for-sale-1749.html
... pristine condition

Have returned from my first test ride this evening and blew all my existing pb's out of the water, despite the blustery conditions. I think me and the Onix are going to get along fine... .

Hi Everyone,

New to this forum, but I must say how good it is. I cam back to cycling in May on my 40th. Mid-life crisis? Maybe, but enjoying it loads. Bought my first road bike - a Boardman Race. I live in France and was able to get the Boardman for 550 euros delivered by Wiggle. Bargain I think. What does everyone think of the Boardman?

beppe

hi all
new to this forum (even if I've been lurkin' for a few months)
56 yo, work as a doctor in the ICU of my town hospital in nothern italy, commute to work daily riding for 15 km (7,5 x2) and love cyclotouring holidays.
here in this week-end winter has settled in: 4°C and 5 cm snow at 400 m over sea level. tomorrow will be the first real cold ride in this season.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi Everyone,

New to this forum, but I must say how good it is. I cam back to cycling in May on my 40th. Mid-life crisis? Maybe, but enjoying it loads. Bought my first road bike - a Boardman Race. I live in France and was able to get the Boardman for 550 euros delivered by Wiggle. Bargain I think. What does everyone think of the Boardman?

:welcome: to cycle chat: enjoy your cycling in the no doubt better weather than we have here in the UK :bicycle:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
hi all
new to this forum (even if I've been lurkin' for a few months)
56 yo, work as a doctor in the ICU of my town hospital in nothern italy, commute to work daily riding for 15 km (7,5 x2) and love cyclotouring holidays.
here in this week-end winter has settled in: 4°C and 5 cm snow at 400 m over sea level. tomorrow will be the first real cold ride in this season.

Benvenuto Beppe! :welcome:
Allora fa piu' freddo da voi che da noi in Scozia al momento? Ce l'hai le Marathon Winters?
Io si', per il ghiaccio piu' che per la neve, che da noi in citta' si vede poco.

helmet tester

Hello, I'm sort of 'new' here as I've been away and not cycling for 2+ years due to a condition I now know is called Mortons Neuroma which got so excrutiating I just couldn't cycle anymore. I've just about recovered from the 3rd of 3 operations..
last week I decided to check over and service my bike with a view to preparation for a return to cycling (been in the garage for a long time)..just one new tube was needed, the bike is in good working order and still well lubed!
Not out of the woods yet; a course of steroid jabs start in 2 weeks time, another op likely if they dont work (yep, looks like another neuroma, bursa or something similar)..I had a vague plan that i'd be ready to start up again next spring but would get the bike ready, see what cycling clothes still fit etc, then I decided I'd try riding the bike, just to get a feel for it and see how far i could go/how much pain I could tolerate. Good news is a planned ride around the block turned into a 20 minute ride around the estate.
I wont bore you about how great I felt about this, you can imagine!
Anyway I'm delighted. Depending on how the next round of treatment and probable surgery goes, its likely it will be next spring before I start proper, but in the next 2 weeks i'm going to get on the bike again for some more of these little 'test runs'.
Starting again from pretty much zero fitness and a lot of extra weight; for much of the last 2 years I havent been able to walk very far due to pre-op pain/post op recovery, so I'm going to take it VERY gradually with the emphasis initially on pleasure (and flat ground)..improved health and fitness will follow but I'm not going to give myself a heart attack in the proccess. I forgot how much fun cycling was; just that short easy ride around the estate made me feel really good.
Bad timing given winter is upon us, but I'm in the cycling mindset again and ready to go as and when I can :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom