New to CycleChat? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andsaw

Good choice :smile:
Hi defy-one, what upgrade did you put on your steering i got a 57cm size but i think i should of got a 60cm as im 5.11.5 as you can see from my seat height if i drop to the bottom of the bars my legs are not far off my chest and feels awkward and even on the top after a while my back starts to ache, i cant find anything or where you can contact members directly, cheers.

damme

Regular
Hello, came here to sell some stuff :smile:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello again Andrew. The 57 may indeed be too small for you if you you need to pull the seatpost out that far. Some people like a smaller frame though, but you could stress the frame if left like that. You need at least 2" inside the post.Its more important with ali frames.

andsaw

Hello again Andrew. The 57 may indeed be too small for you if you you need to pull the seatpost out that far. Some people like a smaller frame though, but you could stress the frame if left like that. You need at least 2" inside the post.Its more important with ali frames.
Hi again, i checked the seat post and there is 5.5 inches inside the frame, there are measurements on the post and looks like it is 2.5 cm out but not sure what that represents, it was the shop that said that was the right size for my height been on their website and gone through their height for size chart and its showing correct, there's a chart on the instructions with touring, sports, and competition measuring from centre of crank to centre of seat between 29.16 - 29.55 inch and i have mine at .55 i went with the bend in my knee way, so it seems everything is set up correct, it maybe my back doesn't like a certain bend after i was hit head on in a car crash in 89 and damaged 3 discs.

tony111

Veteran
Hi Shaun and all members. I'm Tony from Castleford, W. Yorks. 55 years young and just slowly getting into cycling. Hope to stay enthuiastic and not have my name in the accident reports of my local paper. Great site by the way.

tangogirl

Hi from wales.

My name is Rachel and I am new to cycling, have a classic road bike and am enjoying going out on it, building confidence up on the roads lol.

Davew789

Hello all,
like a few got thing the wrong way around, made a post first without introducing myself, so here goes....

Names David, late 40’s from Rotherham in South Yorkshire, weekly commuting machine is a Giant TCR1, whilst my weekends "Fun" goes out to a Trek 6000. Now taking things easy in my 2nd career having “retired”, I have been back in the saddle for about 18months, last 14 of which commuting to work on the bike. I started commuting in order to improve my general fitness, found i enjoyed it so have kept it up. Weekends i can be found cycling around the reservoir at Langsett Barn, Ladybower or doing the Trans Pennine Trail.

Currently I’m looking into joining a cycling club, for adventures either on or off road, does anyone know of any good clubs in the Rotherham area?

So in a nut shell that me, hello.
David

tangogirl

Hi from carmarthenshire!

My name is Rachel, and I've not long bought myself a lovely classic road bike, I wasn't sure if I would like
Getting back on a bike, but I gave it a go, and I really enjoy it! I've re-vamped my bike a bit and got some gear lol.

Got some cycle tracks nearby so try to get out on weekends if my kids pets and
Housework let me!

There that's me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom