New to CycleChat? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hotfuzzrj

Veteran
Haha you nutter!

FWIW I am now commuting 27 mile round trip 3/4 days a week and I did complete the London-Brighton night ride in May plus the London-Paris ride in June!

Start your own thread I'm sure there are plenty of us weirdos who'll reply to you again!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hi, just joined and I live in Worcester. I did the C2C this year and am considering the Devon C2C next year. I just wish I had started cycle touring years ago!

Hello!!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hello,
As you can see from my user name, I'm from Lancashire and happy to be so. I got my first bike when I was about 10 (a long time ago) and have spent many happy (and a fair few uncomfortable) days on a saddle. I've made some good friends and seen much of the world from a bicycle seat. I own more bikes than I need, but love spending time fettling them. I should ride more than I do, but I think many of us can say that. My latest acquisition is a 1960's Soens frame which I'm debating about restoring or keeping in it's original (if well past its best) condition. I see that Bill Soens is a contributor on here, so hopefully Bill will be able to give me some pointers. It has some Eddie Soens vinyl lettering on the down tube, which I very much doubt is original, but the head tube and seat tube decals look like they've been there for many a long year.

Here's a few photos: the frame doesn't look too bad in the pictures but it has quite a lot of surface rust which needs sorting out.

Soensbike003.jpg

Soensbike006.jpg

Soensbike002.jpg

Soensbike004.jpg

Looking forward to joining in the chat.

Hello, nice bike, I'm sure it'll be great whatever you do with it!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hello,

um, I'm kinda like the chap up there ^^ and posted in another thread first, about getting my first drop handle bike!!! ^_^

Such manners I have, tut tut.

I been on a few long Fnr's and just love them, just not the really chilly winter ones!, and now I want a nice comfy new bike to do the next one I go on.

'Sup!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I need the bike to
1. get used to riding a road bike (I have only ridden MTBs and hybrids, never one with a drop bar)
2. train for long distance and long duration cycling
3. ideally use the same bike for my London-Paris charity ride

I think I would prefer to buy a second hand road bike in good condition, may be sub £400. If it is a decent frame, then maybe I could upgrade some of the components (if necessary) for the Paris ride.....that's what I am thinking. Or maybe I could sell the second hand bike when I become a better rider and invest a little more then

Hello, good luck whatever you do!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hello everyone,
Im Bob, fairly new to long distance cycling but this year being my first of retirement Ive ridden 2 long european trips, the second from Geneva to Istanbul.
My bike is a riverside 7 and I love it though I am not able to compare it with other touring makes as its my first good one.
If my legs allow it I want to ride north and central America next year and my concern is will my bike with 700 or 28" rims be OK without a trailer full of spares?

Greetings

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
another newbie, hiya from glasgow where motorists are caring and kind.

Hello, what part of Glasgow is this? :whistle:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hello. Just recently joined the forum.........not used forums much in the past but now Ive moved to Spain its great to be able to find people and hopefully meet up for rides.
Small problem though........how do I PM members? Is there a way of searching fo members by location?

Thanks

Wayne
Hello, believe me, you really don't want to know where I am! :laugh:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
James finally again on 2 wheels...ex moto traveller, after minor stroke demoted to non-motorised.
I just arrived here in Thailand after bike stolen in Mexico...what the heck now I ride a 1985 Diamond Back Apex converetd over..bought bike in LA during layover from Mexico City, shipped free China Eastern Air, and sorted BB, fenders, front bearings, rack and odds n sods here near Chiang Mai for peanuts...been riding around and ready to go next week after i get some extra pages added to my passport...Lao, Cambodia, up to Mongo or down to India unsure as of yet, a journey with no end; no appointments, no disappointments
jameson2wheels over at CGOB and warm showers
from la tierra encantada (new mexico) to somewhere else !

WOW!! What a journey, good luck there!

Hello hello hello!! I'm not worthy!!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Greetings. Mark from Chorley here. Just signed up but been cycling for pretty much all my life. More regularly at some times than others. Been back on the bike pretty seriously for the last couple of years and now looking at a career change from financial services into cycle training.

Welcome and good luck with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom