New tyres...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Thinking of maybe getting these - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/schwalbe-lugano-rigid-road-tyre/ - but what are the advantages/disadvantages of "rigid" road tyres?

Try eBay - a black/white pair is £18 delivered on there from Absolute Cycles or £19 if you want other colours.

bpsmith

Veteran
23's fill fit no problem. It's just narrower than the 25's. Why do you want 23's though? Recent trend is to go the other way as can run at a lower pressure and have less resistance.

bpsmith

Veteran
Nothing wrong with 23's mind you, but 25's gaining popularity all the time.

Depends what style of riding you are doing.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Aah, I had no idea lol - maybe I`ll look for 28`s then

28's may not fit the wheel/frame/mudguards depending on the bike. Most road bikes run 23/25's fine (I use 23mm tyres) but it depends on frame clearance.

Personally I'd stick with 25's if that's what you're OK with.

mustang1

Guru
If you've ever had a front wheel blowout. you'd soon change youre mind, I had two last year on fast decents and its more scarier than your front wheel slipping away, over 12 months on, fast decents still terrify me in case it happens. I have been using Conti 4000GP S and on the back get just over 3000 miles from new, and if I move a front to the back that was originnaly new, the mileage then goes up to 5000+ miles.

At the moment I have gone over to Maxxis Re-Fuse for winter based on recomendations and done about a 1000 miles on them and very impressed with them so far. If I get good mileage and they withstand punctures, then I will make them my all year round tyre. Rolling resistance is supposed to be not so good, but I notice no difference between my Conti's and the Maxiss and have no problem riding on fast club rides unlike some other winter tyres.
You you're right. I corrected my earlier sentiments. Thanks!

Top Bottom