New Year Night Ride to the Coast - 2nd January 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
On the nice warm dry 0530 from Horsham to Victoria. I left Adam and Stu consulting timetables at Horsham. In the words of George V "Bugger Bognor"

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
We decided to be three wise men. First half was hard work for me at least- I was a bit overdressed for the dry. Stop at Pease Pottage boosted the energy levels, the clothing was now right for the conditions, but our motivation was somewhat dampened. On the outskirts of Horsham we decided to go by the station....and that was that. 6.19 service it is for me and Adam- he to Bognor, me to Cosham.

rb58

Enigma
Sounds like the sensible choice to me. I was due to be out today, but from where I lie in my warm bed I can hear the rain beating on the windows so I'm glad it was called off yesterday. Hope you all get home safely.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
It's wet, wild and windy in Bognor.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Well, the first half was a really nice ride. So quiet. Hardly anyone about. The M25 was empty when we crossed it.

By using A roads it meant there were no hills worthy of the name, just a few long inclines. It was warm ish, perfect night riding weather. And we had quadriphonic owls. Woo! And who knew that there were so many fun and interesting facts about Pease Pottage ?

So thanks to Adam for that, and thanks also for having the common sense to put the very obvious choice before us. Without that I would have plugged on for several more miserable hours in the belief that it was character forming or something like that. That rain was cold.

Total distance 72.6km

Top Bottom