New Years Day 2023 Manchester ride. 24 miles cycle/towpath loop.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
If you fancy amazing coffee and food, Riverbank Coffee near Urmston ( off the Bridgewater canal ) is open 10-4 on Sunday

Riverbank Coffee is a good call and not far off the route. I think we can make a decision on the day depending on the weather conditions.
Weather forecast for that side of Manchester is looking pretty good now on New year's day but the option of indoor seating at the Trafford skiing centre might be welcome if the conditions do turn out damp?
Fingers crossed on the weather (it is Manchester after all :laugh: ) and looking forward to the little trip out and hoping a few more decide to join us for our Mancunian odyssey.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Weather seems to changed in our favour, should be a good ride. Riverbank is well worth the detour plus it’s a small business which I always like supporting

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Fixie is ready to roll got tomorrow’s ride, which way are you heading Steve just in case a critter spits its dummy out and I have to meet up with you ? I will be riding along the canal from Worsley into Manchester before joining the Ashton canal

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, at least you sometimes do things together... :okay:

I think that I only ever did one thing with my dad - a driving lesson on the family croft in the Highlands***.

Anyway - have fun tomorrow. Maybe I'll see you on a different ride in 2023.

*** And that soon went scarily wrong. I made one simple mistake (I got a wee bit confused between the accelerator and brake pedals... :whistle:) and was heading for a stone gatepost at speed. The tongue lashing that I got for that put me off driving for life! :laugh:

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
If you fancy amazing coffee and food, Riverbank Coffee near Urmston ( off the Bridgewater canal ) is open 10-4 on Sunday

It's actually on the River Mersey.
To get there, head down the street before the Shell Garage as you're coming out of Urmston and join the TPT.
I was there today; great coffee as usual, the approach is a bit muddy but eminently "do-able" on skinny tyres.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Just setting off from Astley, weathers grim ☹️
Critters were fed by torchlight 😆

Attachments

• 7B263026-04E9-470E-BFD0-67D6C75025D8.jpeg
    7B263026-04E9-470E-BFD0-67D6C75025D8.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom