News too exciting for the 'Mundane News' thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Getting out of bed doesn't seem to be a requirement to going to uni

t
FYI WD, students are very focussed-I know I was!:gun::whistle:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLwc9lbJlIQ

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm off to Los Angeles tomorrow for a week of R&R, Simi Valley to be precise... that is all.
Nice here...
IMG_20151101_163150.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Claimed my first genuine 'scalp' today for 2 years. Youngish guy (20s) on a hardtail MTB got passed by me (mid 50s wreck with a pin in my thigh) on a 3 speed Raleigh on the cyclepath that runs alongside New Parks Boulevard (AKA the ring road :giggle:) he tried to keep up but couldn't :wahhey:

I'm no where near fully fit/able yet (probably at about 35-40% of what I was pre accident) but I finally am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel after 2 years a cripple.
As a 2nd bit of news the 3spd Raleigh "City" is finally on its (rebuilt) wheels and had its first trip into town but it's looking a bit too 'hipster' for me, I may have long hair (sometimes in a ponytail) and a beard but they're grey/whitish so the bike may need some bits on it to make it less 'attractive' to thieving scumbags (refitting the chainguard and steel mudguards may help) but it was lovely riding along with the metronomic ticking of the rear hub in 2nd (direct) gear so I may leave it 'as it is' and not turn it back into a lump.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Now I'm going grey, in a certain light my Willie looks like Stewart Grainger (Billy Connolly)...........................don't know if he'd tied a 'kerchief around it though. :whistle:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Lightening struck my house last night. The whole place lit up like a Christmas tree. Luckily some time in the past, someone had the good idea of earthing the house. My next door neighbour however wasn't so lucky. He has lost tv and broadband signal.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Lightening struck my house last night. The whole place lit up like a Christmas tree. Luckily some time in the past, someone had the good idea of earthing the house. My next door neighbour however wasn't so lucky. He has lost tv and broadband signal.
A few years back there was a lightning strike in Enderby that blew up a building and wrecked about 300 peoples computers in the town.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...y.html&usg=AFQjCNGnj4BZH3_y5q5F2QfWPI8bcyS7sw

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

I consider myself very lucky. One of my daughters friends was driving home last night and lightening hit one of her wing mirrors. The plastic housing was blown completely off the car.

Top Bottom