News too exciting for the 'Mundane News' thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I've just booked a 25th wedding anniversary week away in Rome for Mrs SB and I.

Not sure she's overly impressed with the surprise.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Leeds General Infirmary telephoned this morning.Could i do a very early appointment tomorrow.How early,08-15 ,yes said i ,no problems.just hope the crappy 52 bus runs on time.One CT scan on it's way.got to say,stopping choc,cake,cakes,buns,shortbead and other biccies.Has firmed up the old bowels,great news.I don't think it is anything serious.
All the best :okay:

D

Deleted member 1258

Just realised those shortcuts at the top now take you somewhere. Now that's exciting.

All I'm seeing is count down timers.

gbb

Legendary Member
A bit long winded..but 5 years ago I started a new job, salaried, 48 hours a week and had to cover every third weekend , saturday and sunday morning...no time off in lieu for the weekend. Quite punishing but reasonably well recompensed for it.

2 years ago, we were taken over by a Spanish outfit and TUPE required them to honour our contracts of course. They were surprised when I told them I was salaried and wanted to stay that way...i was the only person on the shop floor with that contract. They grudgingly obliged and I thought unwittingly put me dowm as 40 hours not 48.. Ive remained working 48, mainly because there were only 2 of us trying to cover a near 24 hour operation. I did manage to negotiate a day off in lieu of two half days worked .

Our team has now grown from 2 to 4 and a manager.
A month ago, they pushed me for all day saturday and sunday working, I obliged on the condition I only did it every 4 weeks not 3 and got 2 days off in llieu. I also reminded them I'm on a 40 hour contract but always work 48.
I was happy just working every 4 th weekend and a couple days off in lieu...this weekend ive got loads done, its so much better.

Today, my boss (we're both covering a very busy period) said to me...
'Seeing we have extra staff now, you ought to start doing your 40 hours, youve given enough'
'Ho ho, consider it done' :okay:
'Monday, aim to be finishing at 3.30 or 4 instead of 5pm'

Same salary, I possibly lost a bit covering all day saturday and sunday But now ive gained 8 hours a week on top.
Result...:okay:

Hyslop

Veteran
Now,Im not entirely sure if Ive landed in the right thread with this,so, you decide.According to our local parish daily,Rod Stewart has recently very kindly offered £10k to the Cumbria Flood Recovery Fund.Very kind and it will be put to good and much needed use.The bit that seemed to be causing a fair amount of hilarity in the town today was this.He plays Brunton Park (home of Carlisle Utd for those of you who,like me couldn't care less about football) later in the year.And guess what?The Chairman of said club(who owns a butchers)intends to present Rod with a sample of Cumberland Sausage and various other local meats.Oh Goody.Well, I went into the butchers this morning and by 10.30the staff had had enough of "pound of Rods,Lorne Sausage and Haggis Please".A fed up butchers "lass" with a cleaver is a formidable prospect,so I bought a chicken leg.....and giggled on the way out!.Now,I know that we are a small city far to the North,but does this not have shades of The League Of Gentlemen or Ripping Yarns?:smile:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
So I pulled out the wallwart

1.JPG

And it came away in my hand.

Top Bottom