News too exciting for the 'Mundane News' thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Weather here is meant to be dry if cold all the rest of the week mainly, warming up to the weekend.

Have you got suitable waterproofs for the recumbent as I imagine at first you won't be travelling that fast enough to keep you warm?

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Weather here is meant to be dry if cold all the rest of the week mainly, warming up to the weekend.

Have you got suitable waterproofs for the recumbent as I imagine at first you won't be travelling that fast enough to keep you warm?
my plan is to use www.raintoday.co.uk because I suspect I will be lucky to last the same length of time that I can walk and so far I have managed to dodge the weather by watching the radar! :biggrin:

D

Deleted member 1258

Just picked up the car after its MOT and service, my much lightened wallet is now weeping in a corner, though it didn't go too badly, the car passed its MOT no problems or advisories, not bad for an eleven year old car, the service though did throw up some minor problems, new plugs and leads plus a brake cylinder, its running very nicely, it was running nice before but its nicer now.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Just picked up the car after its MOT and service, my much lightened wallet is now weeping in a corner, though it didn't go too badly, the car passed its MOT no problems or advisories, not bad for an eleven year old car, the service though did throw up some minor problems, new plugs and leads plus a brake cylinder, its running very nicely, it was running nice before but its nicer now.

You too? I had to have the indicator bulbs replaced because the paint had worn off!!! Why do they have clear covers? They wanted to replace the wipers too, 'cos they smear. I go on the basis of what you can't see you don't worry about. :becool:

(Edit) why doesn't anyone sell the paint for the bulbs?

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
You too? I had to have the indicator bulbs replaced because the paint had worn off!!! Why do they have clear covers? They wanted to replace the wipers too, 'cos they smear. I go on the basis of what you can't see you don't worry about. :becool:

Tamiya clear acrylic paint, Humbrol ClearCote.

D

Deleted member 1258

In my case the service solved a couple of issues, now when I put my foot on the brake the car stops, quickly, I've been missing my braking points since I had the wheel cylinder done, and I nearly launched my Good Lady through the windscreen at one point. I also had an obvious electrical issue, some rough running and arcing, the service has sorted that out as well, the car is running very nicely now so though it was expensive I can see some benefit from it, I'm just wondering now if it will take the edge of its thirst a bit, cars a 1.3 and its been averaging 35-40 mpg, mind you the 1.3 Hyundai Getz is not known for sipping fuel.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
the police are sitting in a car outside. round here this is very unusual. noteworthy infact :laugh:
Exactly. :okay: Let us know if they appear to be looking into anything or are in fact just having a tea break.

I bought a new trunk bag for my tourer bike today, it does that magic expanding pocket thing to turn into panniers. Just the thing for the sudden appearance of a couple of wine bottles on our trip through France.:smile:

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Exactly. :okay: Let us know if they appear to be looking into anything or are in fact just having a tea break.

I bought a new trunk bag for my tourer bike today, it does that magic expanding pocket thing to turn into panniers. Just the thing for the sudden appearance of a couple of wine bottles on our trip through France.:smile:
tea break - doubt it. nobody every finds us and this is technically a private courtyard not a public road. Even the permitted right of way has ended (a bridlepath!)... how well, it's not as though much happens around here. :laugh:

Top Bottom