News too exciting for the 'Mundane News' thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
My dad fell and snapped both bones in his lower leg last week.... it's taken 10 days to get his operation to put rods and plates in.
His options as presented: a full leg cast for 12 weeks with no operation and up to 6 months recovery with risk of falling and damaging leg even more, or an operation with 4 to 6 weeks in cast to knee and up to 3 months physio, with risk of infection, losing his leg and a risk of deep vein thrombosis at any time.... they know how to cheer people up in Wakefield. Thankfully he agreed to the operation and came through it well.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Noticed yesterday the sort of low mist hanging around here. Sun was warm but very cold wind. Off to take grandson to school, we'll see what it's like this AM.

Not so much a low mist today as generally cloudy & misty.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
That's great news, SNSSO. Have you got the maps out for a LEJOG? :smile:
Not quite. still working on the how to carry all the liquid morphine required.... and how to use a tent again, how to bend down to crawl into said tent, how to put the tent up in the first place... and as the list goes on I do realise that I can at least rule out the how to sit on the floor, because I can neither sit up nor need to sit on the floor anymore having a trike!

Aiming for a certain Scottish tour in August... its a dream but you never know... one of the days is way too long for me but I intend to camp so can change that if needed... I do perhaps need to work a touch on my current speed though... what do you think? ;)

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Not quite. still working on the how to carry all the liquid morphine required.... and how to use a tent again, how to bend down to crawl into said tent, how to put the tent up in the first place... and as the list goes on I do realise that I can at least rule out the how to sit on the floor, because I can neither sit up nor need to sit on the floor anymore having a trike!

Aiming for a certain Scottish tour in August... its a dream but you never know... one of the days is way too long for me but I intend to camp so can change that if needed... I do perhaps need to work a touch on my current speed though... what do you think? ;)
I dunno but stick with @Pat "5mph" and you should be OK
Can I join in I only need to recharge the battery for 6 hours every 25 miles or so. :cycle:

mybike

Heho, just paid out a fortune in insurance premium for the new car, could have got a nice bike for that amount. :cry:

Last edited:
OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
WoW well done so pleased for you
thank you.
Sadly it also proved it was too much at the moment, at least off-road which is what the route is and not tarmac.
I have had to drop back to the 9 miles that I was good with... sounds like nothing to many, but that extra mile did me in and left me too sore to cycle for 3 days.

I'm hoping to get out on the roads for the first time this weekend. Possibly not the best time to do it given we live in a holiday spot (yep believe it or not, it is!) and the roads are busier with tourist traffic, but so is the route I normally ride and that's' the problem... the off-road route is littered with kids, bikes, arguing families and dogs on retractable leads.

Hummm - could we launch a campaign to ban the retractable dog lead? there's a thought! :laugh:

mybike

Hummm - could we launch a campaign to ban the retractable dog lead? there's a thought! :laugh:

Do so agree, it makes the owner lazy & they fail to train their dog. I do, however use my son's when his dog comes to stay. I really don't want the dog wandering off while in my charge.

Used to use one for the son too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom