Nick Knowles Rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oscarplu

Über Member
Did anyone see Nick Knowles rant against cyclists on tv last night?? I couldnt stick the bloke before, but i dislike the trumped up, mouthy, arrogant T-T even more now!!!!!

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Unfortunately missed it and not too sure who he is anyway - probably one of the overpaid nonentities that clutter up the BBC these days.

Goffins

oscarplu said:
Did anyone see Nick Knowles rant against cyclists on tv last night?? I couldnt stick the bloke before, but i dislike the trumped up, mouthy, arrogant T-T even more now!!!!!

Did you sign up just to bash the mighty Knowles?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
oscarplu said:

Yes I did and ended up swearing at the TV before turning it off. What a ****

Welcome by the way ;)

OP
OP
oscarplu

oscarplu

Über Member
Thank god for that, thought i was the only person who had seen it, was beginning to wonder if i had dreamt it!!!!! Thanks for the welcome,,,, oh and by the way Goffins, i didnt join just to Bash the Mighty Knowles!!!! The only thing mighty about him is his great big fat gob!!!! I rest my case.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
This is from "It is not easy being green"

Meet the carbon equivalent of Big Foot. Nick Knowles abhors buses ('they've destroyed London') and loathes trains ('far too expensive'). That said, he's giving the planet a much-needed breather by driving a hybrid car, even if it is a 4×4. All the better to creep up on cyclists, or so he says. All in all, we would need five planets worth of food and energy if everyone lived like Knowles. With the odds of Earthlings discovering a habitable planet 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000, you might want to start looking, Nick.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I used to quite like him, on DIYSOS.

Not any more. I'm thinking of actually complaining to the beeb, esp about the bit at the end where one of the gang said they were going to cycle home and he said "ok, you do that, and I'll run you over..." Thought I might include a link to that guy in Coventry who was killed when someone mounted the pavement to hit him...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Complaint sent:

"I would like to complain about the rant by Nick Knowles on DIYSOS about his apparent hatred of cyclists. While I am quite aware that there are bad cyclists out there who break the rules, those of us who don't do not deserve to be tarred with the same brush. I was particularly worried by the remark at the end, when one of the team said they were going to cycle home, and Mr Knowles make a remark along the lines of "you do that, and I'll run you over".

Perhaps Mr Knowles would like to read the story in the following link about a man killed by a driver who mounted the pavement in order to hit him, and then explain how his remark is in any way funny, or justifiable.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...maging-wing-mirror-court-told-92746-23432533/

There are already a lot of very angry people out there in motor vehicles who think cyclists are 'fair game', without inflammatory remarks like those made by Mr Knowles. In any case, the policing of the roads is a matter for the police, not private individuals with an axe to grind. I'm sure he meant it all as a joke, but he might do well to consider that those of us who obey the rules do not wish to be on the recieving end of such lazy and potentially dangerous jibes."

All a bit off the cuff, but I've asked for a responce....

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Good for you Arch. I am so glad I didn't watch that show last night as I would be hunting him down still today!!!!!
Arch said:
Complaint sent:

"I would like to complain about the rant by Nick Knowles on DIYSOS about his apparent hatred of cyclists. While I am quite aware that there are bad cyclists out there who break the rules, those of us who don't do not deserve to be tarred with the same brush. I was particularly worried by the remark at the end, when one of the team said they were going to cycle home, and Mr Knowles make a remark along the lines of "you do that, and I'll run you over".

Perhaps Mr Knowles would like to read the story in the following link about a man killed by a driver who mounted the pavement in order to hit him, and then explain how his remark is in any way funny, or justifiable.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...maging-wing-mirror-court-told-92746-23432533/

There are already a lot of very angry people out there in motor vehicles who think cyclists are 'fair game', without inflammatory remarks like those made by Mr Knowles. In any case, the policing of the roads is a matter for the police, not private individuals with an axe to grind. I'm sure he meant it all as a joke, but he might do well to consider that those of us who obey the rules do not wish to be on the recieving end of such lazy and potentially dangerous jibes."

All a bit off the cuff, but I've asked for a responce....

Tillyfloss

Hi Arch.

I've been lurking on this site for a while now, just reading the threads and gleaning information. I bought my first bike about a month ago and I'm just starting out, in my forties, overweight and stopped smoking 3 months ago. Anyway, after that brief introduction, I just felt that I had to applaud you for complaining about Nick Knowles. I didn't see the programme, but from what you've said, his comments sound extremely irresponsible. Doe's this bloke have kids? do they ride a bike??? Learning to ride a bike is a landmark in a childs life and I only wish that when I learned to ride, I'd continued to do so into my adult life. I probably wouldn't have the figure of the marshmallow that I do now, if I had!!

I work as a driving examiner (please don't hold that against me) so I think i'm more aware of the problems that cyclists have from not only inconsiderate drivers, but from drivers who just don't appear to "see" anyone else on the road!

Hats off to you Arch, and if you could send me a link to the programme to watch, I'll be sending a complaint myself.

Well..... that's my first post over with! Sorry if it was a bit "ranty". Oh... Hello all!

I quite like him and I didn't take his rant that seriously. He was mainly complaining about red light jumpers and pavement cyclists. It's long been said on here that such cyclists give everyone a bad name and guess what, they do.

I found his rant quite amusing I'm afraid and I rather think you're all being a bit precious.

<puts tin hat on>

Top Bottom