Nick Knowles Rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyh

Veteran
I just watched it on iPlayer... he rants against red light jumpers and pavement cyclists. Have to say fair comment, cause they get up my nostrils too.

I will say his comment at the end about "run him over on the way home" was a bit in poor taste given the Coventry cyclist and the many others who are subject to abuse from motorists, but taken in context of a bunch of "builders" having a pop at each other I didn't think it was threatening.

But fair play to you Arch for raising it. Anything that highlights safety for cyclists is good.

OP
OP
oscarplu

oscarplu

Über Member
Nice one Arch

515mm

Well played Arch. Eloquent and to the point as always.

Hello and Welcome to Tillyfloss. You won't regret the change in lifestyle - I too, was marshmallow shaped. Not anymore!

Crankarm

Guru
If all those who agree with Arch send a complaint whether using his template or writing their own then the Beeb are more likely to do anything. If however they only receive one or two complaints they won't do anything to censure this twit or issue any sort of retraction or apology. To achieve anything complaints must be numerous so get sending.

Perhaps Arch could furnish us with the link or address to which he has fowarded his complaint.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Crankarm said:
If all those who agree with Arch send a complaint whether using his template or writing their own then the Beeb are more likely to do anything. If however they only receive one or two complaints they won't do anything to censure this twit or issue any sort of retraction or apology. To achieve anything complaints must be numerous so get sending.

Perhaps Arch could furnish us with the link or address to which he has fowarded his complaint.

Arch just went to the BBC website and then SHE :biggrin: used the Complaints link at the bottom of the page...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

and sent it via the email link.

I know it was a pretty standard rant, and I too have my stuff to say about RLJers and pavement cyclists. But the point is that he just launched into 'cyclists' as if we were all like that, which is my real bugbear. And it may all have been builders' banter, but that show is not a private building site, and the remark wasn't just confined to people who know each other and can sort real from a laugh based on the person they know, it was also made in front of thousands of viewing public, some (many?) of whom will have thought "oh, yeah, that's funny, I should say stuff like that, and he's on telly, so he must be an ok guy to copy". It's minor, but it's the thin end of a wedge.

I'm more annoyed because actually, I always liked Nick Knowles, he came across as a bit blokey, but nice enough, and in the context of helping out the people on the show, caring about what he was doing. I know a lot of it may be a professional front, but he came across to me as OK, so I'm disappointed. I'd expect that sort of thing from Clarkson - indeed, I love Top Gear, and I just sort of zone out the crasser stuff. But DIYSOS is basically a family sort of show, and his remarks were out of place.

The show should be here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006pnjk

for a few days at least.

Lurker

Well done, Arch.

Remind me, what are the viewing figures for DIY SOS? Assuming it's not live - I'd never heard of this person or the programme before today - it looks like another lapse of BBC editorial judgement allowing NK's 'joke' to get an airing in public....

Rip Van

Veteran
Crackle said:
I quite like him and I didn't take his rant that seriously. He was mainly complaining about red light jumpers and pavement cyclists. It's long been said on here that such cyclists give everyone a bad name and guess what, they do.

I found his rant quite amusing I'm afraid and I rather think you're all being a bit precious.

<puts tin hat on>

+1 ;)

Array

Tillyfloss said:
Hi Arch.

Doe's this bloke have kids? do they ride a bike??? Learning to ride a bike is a landmark in a childs life and I only wish that when I learned to ride, I'd continued to do so into my adult life.

He does have kids. A friend emailed him to ask for an apology about his comments and this is the email she got back from him. It does include and apology and shows why his dislike is directed towards RLJers and pavement riders too.

Email reply was as follows:

i am certainly happy to appologise to you and all careful cyclists but
having had a child hospitalised by a cyclist riding at night, on the wrong
side of the road, without lights who went thru a red light in order to hit
my daughter you can perhaps understand my anger at those who disregard the
rules of the road. my son was also hurt when bumped by a cyclist on the
pavement who couldnt be bothered to wait in the traffic
Nick

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
rumour has it that Mr. Knowles has a teeny tiny penis, and that the 4x4 is a pathetic attempt to compensate. But I'd ask you not to spread that kind of thing around.....

Top Bottom