Nick Knowles Rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I quite like him and I didn't take his rant that seriously. He was mainly complaining about red light jumpers and pavement cyclists. It's long been said on here that such cyclists give everyone a bad name and guess what, they do.

I found his rant quite amusing I'm afraid and I rather think you're all being a bit precious.

<puts tin hat on>

Maybe, but just look at the comments on any newspaper......

The trouble is that there are a significant minority of drivers who think like this and the actions of "Celebs" such as Knowles / Clarkson et al reinforce this attitude which is unhelpful.

The other question is whether it is an appropriate platform.... if it is a DIY programme, then using it as a platform to vent your own personal issues is unprofessional and an unacceptable abuse or the BBC's public service remit.

Garz

Squat Member
Thought he was bearable, but if he's just another jumped up Clarkson/James Martin D list celebrity then he falls into the 'tool' category.

There's a difference in lawless London commuting cyclists and the rest of us normal cyclists. To despise them (cyclists) in general is pathetic just from seeing a RLJ, just another tunnel vision opinionated moron.

richyx

Nick Knowles:

I cannot stand the bloke.

What a waste of license payers money his slot on Watchdog DIY SOS is. It must cost a fortune to make.

He traipses around with his sidekick on motorbikes and even visits places like Spain tracking down "Rogues" who in the end just ignore him or tell him to F**ck Off

I think I know who he is now

Maybe, but just look at the comments on any newspaper......

The trouble is that there are a significant minority of drivers who think like this and the actions of "Celebs" such as Knowles / Clarkson et al reinforce this attitude which is unhelpful.

The other question is whether it is an appropriate platform.... if it is a DIY programme, then using it as a platform to vent your own personal issues is unprofessional and an unacceptable abuse or the BBC's public service remit.

That was several months ago. I have moved on from 'like' to 'intense dislike'. Fickle I know.

... of course we could get our own back and email a complain every week when one of their (or their contractor's) vehicles parks on a pavement?

sparty69

Calm down dears, it's only a b list celeb!. No-one with any sense watches/listens to these people anyway. Now everyone take a deep breath, relax and enjoy your cycling :thumbsup: :biggrin: .

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Calm down dears, it's only a b list celeb!. No-one with any sense watches/listens to these people anyway. Now everyone take a deep breath, relax and enjoy your cycling :thumbsup: :biggrin: .

7,000 or so people "follow" him on Twitter.

That's quite a few motorists being given the impression that lane splitting cyclists are the authors of their own misfortune, and that cyclists in general deserve what's coming to them because some break traffic law (given that Knowles doesn't know the law, thinking that filtering is not legal, perhaps even more worrying).

hairyfrog

Good grief guys you really are sounding like a bunch of evangelists. His comments weren't made seriously in a documentary.
Get a blinking grip, this kind of hysteria is what makes motorists think us cyclists are a bunch of
self serving weirdos !

Garz

Squat Member
ohmy.gif

You know... that kind of comment is easily digested as a five post troll
troll.gif

People in his position do not need to stoop low having digs at serious subjects, he's hardly a comedian who can get away with pulling off any 'comments' in this way. It is time to move on anyway, he is easy to flick over to something else as neither he nor the programs he features in would be interesting.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Good grief guys you really are sounding like a bunch of evangelists. His comments weren't made seriously in a documentary.
Get a blinking grip, this kind of hysteria is what makes motorists think us cyclists are a bunch of
self serving weirdos !

It's funny in a context where such a thing would be so unlikely as to be laughable. That's not the case in the UK.

Garz

Squat Member
The only negative thing about that series was she hardly ever spent much time on the bike and was seen pushing it around a lot.

Top Bottom