England : Hampshire Night Ride Around The Coast - 14 March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is our number still 8 strong?

Sadly, I'm now definitely out. Despite more tweaking of the seatpost & saddle, I still haven't got them adjusted correctly, meaning I'm still getting knee pain, and I don't want to risk another 70 miles unfortunately.

Hopefully (a) I'll get it sorted by the following weekend, and (b) this gets run again in the summer, as it really is a good route and amazing to be out in the middle of nowhere with no traffic. On the recce, when I stopped on the Military Road somewhere around Mile 34-35 on the gpx, and turned my lights off and watched the stars, I saw a barn owl slowly fly past, flapping its wings silently.

Have fun.

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Sadly, I'm now definitely out. Despite more tweaking of the seatpost & saddle, I still haven't got them adjusted correctly, meaning I'm still getting knee pain, and I don't want to risk another 70 miles unfortunately.

Hopefully (a) I'll get it sorted by the following weekend, and (b) this gets run again in the summer, as it really is a good route and amazing to be out in the middle of nowhere with no traffic. On the recce, when I stopped on the Military Road somewhere around Mile 34-35 on the gpx, and turned my lights off and watched the stars, I saw a barn owl slowly fly past, flapping its wings silently.

Have fun.
(a) Fingers crossed for you on that. Certainly not worth risking tomorrow night.
(b) Yup, it'll be a good one for the summer I think.

Which leaves us with seven..

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Which leaves us with seven..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOy29Bgl4c2Z-Uct36QHg2MUFYtjKhmgPUndCD4bUkJkwoAhNTJg.jpg

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars

Have fun.
UNLIKE.
Hope it gets sorted, A

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
What are you guys gonna be wearing on your legs tonight?

Base layer tights
Bib shorts
Leg warmers
Foot covers

I'm pretty pissed, I went to test my Cree T6 battery pack this morning and it has decided to stop working, possibly due to my OCD charging. Luckily I picked up a spare on eBay this week and my mate is lending me his, but that still means I'm gonna be short on runtime so will have to load up the poverty spec lights lol. I'm guessing all the time we are together it won't be an issue, its only if I get caught on my own for any period of time without primary lighting...

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'm pretty ****ed, I went to test my Cree T6 battery pack this morning and it has decided to stop working, possibly due to my OCD charging. Luckily I picked up a spare on eBay this week and my mate is lending me his, but that still means I'm gonna be short on runtime so will have to load up the poverty spec lights lol. I'm guessing all the time we are together it won't be an issue, its only if I get caught on my own for any period of time without primary lighting...
You won't get caught on your own for long. The weaker powered stuff should be fine for the stretches with street lighting, and even though we'll be in the sticks there's a surprising amount of that. Switch back and forth between lights as need be and you should be perfectly OK. Tesco will have lights and batteries too. And socks.

Top Bottom