FNRttC Night Ride Cardiff to Swansea Friday 18th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I am on a train due Cardiff 2340: will put the feet to the pedals & follow my trusty (?) Garmin but please wait!. I have The Claud's mobile (ending 124)
That's plenty of time for a cyclist of your vitesse to make it to the bay. We won't go without you.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
On my way......

For a morning ride, shortly. Forecasts kept shifting during the week, dry to showers to dry again, and there will still be a headwind. Dice insufficiently loaded for a 150 miler today- I'll probably do it again at some point as it is a lovely ride, just not today. Am braving the FGW cattle truck, may the BSO-wielding numpties be elsewhere. Allegedly into Cardiff Central 2046 before carb-loading at Pizza Express. On the Trek as it's the nearest thing I have to a gravel bike (slightly less terrifying for Bog Road).

theclaud

Openly Marxist
On my way......

For a morning ride, shortly. Forecasts kept shifting during the week, dry to showers to dry again, and there will still be a headwind. Dice insufficiently loaded for a 150 miler today-

:wahhey:

The right choice, Stu. Especially as our Welfare & Complaints Officer will not be there tonight and any complaints about The Bog Road will fall on deaf ears.

OP
OP
U

User482

I am on a train due Cardiff 2340: will put the feet to the pedals & follow my trusty (?) Garmin but please wait!. I have The Claud's mobile (ending 124)

I think Adam and Rebecca are on that train - I said that we'd wait for them if they're late.

StuAff

:wahhey:

The right choice, Stu. Especially as our Welfare & Complaints Officer will not be there tonight and any complaints about The Bog Road will fall on deaf ears.
Welfare & Complaints Officer is probably going down the pub. He's deaf anyway.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
No talking then.
Quietly is I think OK

@Gordon P - @Flying Dodo has all the details, though I do know it's the same train. I love Coach A, so hope we're in there with you.

To everyone else - though I weathered the Lowlands Tour surprisingly (to no one more than me) well, I've had a few niggles which I saw a sports therapist for yesterday. I'm a bit sore today but fully determined to soldier on tonight. Please bear me with me if I'm a bit tired and slower than normal (!) - all forward movement is good, even if I have to walk a few of your Welsh hills.

BTW, my boss is a Swansea boy. He and a few others in the office are just amazed that I am doing this. My "hard(wo)man" status* (what? me?!) seems to have shot up far more than it did for the Lowlands, and will no doubt be even higher on Monday! :okay:

* Who needs Eddington numbers, eh?
:laugh:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
my trusty (?) Garmin
Aha - so you have bought a new one? To replace the one you had in the Lowlands that had the routing option set to "mountaineering"? Which is why we had those very interesting little diversions round the back of people's houses?

StuAff

Aha - so you have bought a new one? To replace the one you had in the Lowlands that had the routing option set to "mountaineering"? Which is why we had those very interesting little diversions round the back of people's houses?
You do know all Garmins have a mandatory 'let's send them somewhere completely unsuitable' feature in the routing, right?

Top Bottom