Night Ride London to Brighton, 5th Sept - NOW CLOSED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

Harking back to an earlier thread for a Brighton FNRttC, there was much comment about the wonderful new Ladies and Gents at Gatwick. Following this recent visit, it was clear that things weren't quite as fragrant as previously, indeed, some might even have commented that they were, in fact, a bit smelly actually. And did anyone spot how many were out of action ?

Well, all is now clear. I have a friend in the world of airport design and he explained how the new owners of Gatwick wanted to make a quick and bold statement about how they are going to run things now they are in charge, and, apparently, jazzing up the lavatorial facilities is a relatively quick, pain free and cheap way of making a bold statement of intent.

Sadly though, they did it a little too quickly, and the design wasn't too clever, nor the execution come to that. They are a nightmare to clean (hence why so many are closed as they haven't got enough / won't pay for the cleaning staff), and the smell is a result of poor design.
Gone is the golden age of air travel - I'm not sure that ever experienced it, In fact, I'm pretty sure that I didn't.
For me it was almost always cramped seats and endless hanging about (additional retail opportunities).
Dijon Vu.
What's that?
The same mustard as you had yesterday.

Gone is the golden age of air travel - I'm not sure that ever experienced it, In fact, I'm pretty sure that I didn't.
For me it was almost always cramped seats and endless hanging about (additional retail opportunities).
Dijon Vu.
What's that?
The same mustard as you had yesterday.
You have Maille..

Top Bottom