No gear and no idea!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking to kit myself out. Got a great bike. Too good for me. Need all the other stuff. Medium build. Slim. Waist 30. 5:10 height. Size 9 feet. Not interested in looking super cool. Just need what is needed!

Thanks

Jonny

T'other tip is to look at sales.

Often teams will announce new kit for the season.

When this happens, the previous kit is discounted to clear.

MattMM

Tenn gear on Amazon is pretty good for those on a budget, had a pair of their bib shorts for 5 months and have given sterling service. No sores or issues. Aldi and Lidl are your friend, as is eBay. Always ask seller for at least chest measurement though, cycling tops in particular are loony, erratic sizes. Wiggle decent also, nice price on Shimano MTB shoes just now which you can walk on and add cleats to at a later date. They do good reductions on specific items periodically as well. Enjoy...:smile:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
If you have a local Decathlon, that's a good place to go.

As to what is needed: Padded undershorts are a big help. Over them you can ride in ordinary shorts, or trackie bottoms, at the risk of a bit of builders bum. Or get some cycling specific shorts too which will come with padded liners and avoid the builders wotsit. Cycling jerseys are longer at the back and have the lower back pockets, which I would go so far as to say are, if not quite essential, very very very useful. Rainproof top (which will fold up into its own pocket, and fit in a jersey pocket) would be pretty high on my list too.

With those basics you can then ride around a bit and decide what you think is missing, or what you'd like to trade up to.

Tenn shorts for a year, not so good on longer runs say over 30 miles, but maybe thats me, not so keen on the padding in the Aldi/Lidl stuff, but shirts, jackets stands ect are good.

Ditto Muddy fox and Tenn gear, budget priced but decent quality kit to get started. Also go with the Aldi/ lidl recomendations regarding hardware but have no experience with clothing range, it does appear to be quite popular.

Top Bottom