Non-commuters cyclists only.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
How many leisure miles do you do in a year? Mine ranges from 1300 to 2000 miles depending on weather and motivation.

Why can't I write that I do around 1,500 miles a year leisure riding on top of my 2,000 commuting?

Brandane

Legendary Member
All my riding is for leisure and for the last 5 years has been averaging about 3400 miles per year. I'm expecting it to be down a bit this year though; sh!te weather in summer, house painting taking up too much precious "dry" time, too much work, motorbikes, etc. etc..

Zero. All my riding is either commuting, riding audaxes, or training to ride audaxes. I can't remember the last time when I wanted to just go for a ride and have some cake. Riding has to have a purpose and the term 'leisure' is open to interpretation imo.

vickster

Legendary Member
This year, just under 2400 miles. I don't think I've commuted at all. Will change next week though assuming my knackered back de knackers itself!

ScotiaLass

Guru
Around 2,000 - 2,500

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
If our commute is a minimum X amount of miles, but we extend it to Z amount of miles and Y is the difference between the two, are we allowed to say that the Y figure is leisure miles?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
How many leisure miles do you do in a year? Mine ranges from 1300 to 2000 miles depending on weather and motivation.
Currently sitting at 6294 this year, purely for pleasure..............although some days I'm not sure I would call it that! :laugh:

I'll no doubt start tapering off once the weather changes for the worse. I don't mind rain or a slight wind but I won't risk snow and ice plus I don't find much pleasure in being frozen to the bone anyway.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Zero. All my riding is either commuting, riding audaxes, or training to ride audaxes. I can't remember the last time when I wanted to just go for a ride and have some cake. Riding has to have a purpose and the term 'leisure' is open to interpretation imo.

Sort of the same issue here..

I was talking to a friend the other day about it.. Why are we always hammering?

Top Bottom