Non-commuters cyclists only.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin_P

Guru
I'm aiming to do 2,000 miles this year and am currently a bit ahead. In theory I should top out and end up at about 2,300 if I keep going at the current rate.

The thing is, I'm not bothered and am tapering the efforts down and will glide in into 2,000.

What I'd like to know for those that ride just for the sake of it like me is, where do you find the time? I am very slow so don't cover much distance in a given time due to heart issues and some very exercise limiting drugs I need to take as a result of the heart issues. But despite allocating an hour every day to cycling, I struggle to do the miles. Notwithstanding the fact that you all go a lot quicker than me and thus do more miles, how and where do you find time?

Looking at my data (as of now) :crazy:

Currently we are at 283/365 this year.
And I've missed or not cycled on 39 of the 283 days or 14% that have elapsed.

......... Must try harder next year !

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I'm aiming to do 2,000 miles this year and am currently a bit ahead. In theory I should top out and end up at about 2,300 if I keep going at the current rate.

The thing is, I'm not bothered and am tapering the efforts down and will glide in into 2,000.

What I'd like to know for those that ride just for the sake of it like me is, where do you find the time? I am very slow so don't cover much distance in a given time due to heart issues and some very exercise limiting drugs I need to take as a result of the heart issues. But despite allocating an hour every day to cycling, I struggle to do the miles. Notwithstanding the fact that you all go a lot quicker than me and thus do more miles, how and where do you find time?

Looking at my data (as of now) :crazy:

Currently we are at 283/365 this year.
And I've missed or not cycled on 39 of the 283 days or 14% that have elapsed.

......... Must try harder next year !
I just make specific cycling time. Fortunately Mrs ND is very understanding and doesn't mind me getting out for an hour a few nights a week after work, or taking a couple of hours (or more) on a weekend morning.
Getting the supermarket shopping delivered is a godsend as it means that we don't have to spend good cycling time getting annoyed in Morrisons.

I'm not particularly quick either, average around 15 mph, so 50k will take me just over 2 hours plus 'refreshments' time. ;)

Top Bottom