Non-commuters cyclists only.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Your ticker needs updating
? I don't understand - it updates as I enter the miles - my target for the year 2015 is 5000, so far this year, as of today, I've done whatever it says. If I'm realistic, and based on the last couple of years, I will be happy if I reach 4500 ish by December 31st!

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
? I don't understand - it updates as I enter the miles - my target for the year 2015 is 5000, so far this year, as of today, I've done whatever it says. If I'm realistic, and based on the last couple of years, I will be happy if I reach 4500 ish by December 31st!

I read your post as you'd done 4,500 miles so far not what you was expecting to do. Typical of me I didn't read the OP correctly.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Starting back on the bike in February, I've done 500+ on the road bike and 700+ on the hybrid. All leisure, the commute is too far...:heat:
The total is north of 1200 miles - when I can be bothered to get off the sofa I'll get the exact mileage off both bike computers.

Edit: 583 on the road bike (since July), 717 on the hybrid (since February). Making it a round 1,300 miles. :okay:
I intend to keep getting out as often as I can and have bought a decent front light to see me through the winter...hopefully my good intentions will stand up to the winter weather.

Last edited:
I can't recall the exact mileage but I think I commuted about 2000 miles last year and did about 10,000 leisure miles. I upped the commuting miles over winter but haven't commuted much the last month or two, so at a guess 2000 miles of my near 11,000miles at present are commuting miles the rest are leisure.

mustang1

Legendary Member
I don't any more, but when I did: 2000 miles.

huwsparky

Über Member
Just turned 3000 miles for the year. Set out a 3500 mile target for the year so I'll probably get that done and hopefully a few more on top.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
2000ish - too lazy to do any more.

Sort of given up on miles as a target, starting to think more in terms of feet climbed. Not sure why, maybe it's because it's a bigger number. :smile:

Will be around 140000' this year. I thought this was not bad but a couple of weeks back I met a cyclist who had completed a 97 mile ride the day before with 8800' ascent. :eek:

Cue downgrade of 'not bad' status for my efforts

Old jon

Guru
I retired in June, bought the bike on the last day of that month, done fifteen hundred and some miles since. I guess 5000 would be a reasonable target in a year for me, lets see how it goes.

Top Bottom