Odd cycling habits/rituals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldbloke

Guru
I shout abuse at the headwind that's waiting for me around every corner

Gixxerman

Guru
I talk to myself a lot, and shout encouragement to myself when struugling, much to the bemusement of passers by.
I am well aware that I might come across as being a bit odd in doing this, but despite my best efforts I can't seem to stop the habit.
I also apply the brakes every couple of miles or so to check that they are still working. Why I do this I have no idea.

Steady

Über Member
Apologising to animals that have met their maker is usually one I do. :sad: Although I never found it odd, it's just a respect for life.

Thats probably the only ritual/odd thing I do.

Oh apart from telling Mr Rabit/squirrel not to cross the road in front of me, and cursing smidsy birds!

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I always check that there's a saddle before I sit.......:wacko:

I find myself saying Meep, Meep occasionally to people I pass usually gets a smile and ondalay, ondalay when im burning it down a hill. I also apologise to animals I come across and wish them a better place. Weird I know but sometimes a ride can go on and on.....

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
On long solo rides it tends to be weird voices or noises, largely whatever amuses me. Sometimes if I'm feeling silly while commuting I'll randomly shout 'Bike Rights' but again, rarely when there's actually anyone around to hear me (or, for any particular reason...).

Top Bottom