Odd things I remembered today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Yeah.

Down in the park where the machmen meet the machines and play kill by numbers
Down in the park with a friend called five.

Is the one you want. Or is it madmen?, I don't know.

Misheard lyric:

"Down in the park with a francophile"

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
For some reason i've always remembered the bit of Shelley's The Mask of Anarchy that was printed on the inside sleeve of Sound Affects by The Jam.

"Rise like lions from slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to earth like dew, which in sleep had fallen on you. Ye are many, they are few."

Must be 25 years since i read that.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
byegad said:
I often worry my short term memory isn't what it was.
Additionally
I often worry my short term memory isn't what it was

Ever heard the Cheech and Chong 'interview'...?

"They say that like dope screws up your...er..short term memory, but....er....er........sorry, where was I?"

col

Legendary Member
Iv just remembered a poem my english teacher caught me out with for my homework. We were supposed to write our own poem, but I couldnt think of one, so I copied what I thought was something he wouldnt have read before called Balloons, balloons balloons my words are balloons, they fly like bubbles to circle the moon ect ect, rather impressed myself I can remember the words to it 35 years later, because all I did was copy it down.

ChrisKH

Guru
I can remember my National Insurance number, my first car registration number, my first g/f's address (including postcode) and the King Lear raging in the storm soliloquy word for word. But that's it.

tyred

Legendary Member
I can think of quite a few of the poems we did at school which I can remember the first verse and nothing more:wacko:

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Things I remember buying from the cornershop when I was a kid.

(1) ELO Album, title forgotten. First track on side two was called The Battle of Marston Moor.

(2) Model drag racer based on US police car called Cop Out. You could lift the body off the chassis and prop it up to see the engine. You glued it together but the wheels had proper metal axles and rubber tyres.

(3) 2000 AD (8p)

(4) A blue micronaut that came in an egyptian-style sarcophagus.

Top Bottom