Odds against winning UK National Lottery - c. 14,000,000/1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Chap I used to know never bought a ticket but used to watch the lottery to see if the numbers he'd chosen and written on a bit of paper came up :wacko:. I used to seriously about him if they ever did!
Wow.... That's a great idea. All the excitement of playing, with none of the bitter disappointment.

"Saved meself a couple of quid there... mugs"

:laugh::laugh:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Liten from 27 minutes in on You And Yours from Radio Four, link below, for a better idea of the impact of the recent changes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06fkd26

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
[QUOTE 3939960, member: 9609"]we had one set of numbers that I used every draw from the very start, I even went in for the wed draw when that started up - but when it went up to £2 a go (£200 a year) I give it up, haven't played it since - when ever I now catch a glimpse of the winning numbers it is such a relief that they don't match mine - i wish I could somehow un-remember those numbers.[/QUOTE]
That's what lucky dip is for. Saves you the agony of missing a week, and then watching your numbers come up.

There is also this sort of situation:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...illions-after-dropping-out-of-consortium.html

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
It often seems to be someone who loves their house, their job, their car, everything about their lives in fact. They won't let the win change them ... Well, why bother doing the damn lottery then!

Yep, that infuriates me too. Like Cocker says, "what's the point in being rich if you cant think what to do with it, cos you're so bleeding thick."

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
I refer you to my earlier post:
Just over a year ago I was sleeping on my brother's spare bed, living out of two suitcases, my hopes of being selected as a parliamentary candidate dashed, my only chance of an income being a job in a town I had hardly heard of. I took the job and stuck at it, slowly getting back on my feet.
Then one morning I had,a weird stroke of luck, just on a whim I bought a lottery ticket. First time lucky. Not a massive win, but enough to make sure I will always have a roof, a better car, a bike, a few minor luxuries and some set aside for rainy days.
Things snowballed, I met Hover fly, and realised what it means to be truly happy in life, with a fulfilling job that he actually looks forwards to, with people who are wonderful to be with and coming home as excited and happy as a kid coming back from the seaside. I took a long hard look at my colleagues, and saw that I was in danger of becoming like them, office-bound, soulless, plastic. So, for the second time in less than a year, I Did One, handed in my notice and put my trust in fate again. The best thing I ever did, admittedly I get some money from the band and comedy, in fact in a good month I get more than twice as much from the comedy gigs than I did from the job I quit, but my personality has changed completely and I love life again.
So yes money does change lives, and not always for the worse.

Never tell me the odds...

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
As an employee of a company contracted to TNL I'm not allowed to play it, so I provide this as a service :okay:
Untitled.png

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I know a million maybe wouldn't set you up for the rest of your life. But it would change it. I'd retire, buy a couple of decent bikes, sort my house out, have a nice holiday, then... er... go back to work.:sad:

Top Bottom