Olympic cycling - track and road (may contain spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Well played Carapaz. Made the right moves and made them count. Can't argue with that. For me though, WVA made that race. He gets my MOTM.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Enjoyed that…….. not sure they did! 😓

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Good race that. Shame Thomas and TGH managed to ride into each other. There was a metal strip in the middle of the road where they crashed which seemed to have something to do with it.

So pleased to see Carapaz get that and not WvA or Pogacar.

It's the first time I've watched an Olympic road race. Different game innit, I appreciate that now.

I was trying to explain to my wife why it was different to the Tours and team races, especially how the peletons are likely to be smaller and less able to hunt down and eat up the breakaway riders.

I must admit that I find the Olympics format more interesting.

Absolutely gutted for Thomas. Has there ever been a more accident prone top rider than him?

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Why do commentators insist on distorting rider's name. I mean, Podacar isn't difficult to say is it? Why do they keep saying Podatchar ? You don't drive a Tchar do you? It is a very clear "car" at the end of his name.
Apart from that, congratulations to Carapaz, a well deserved gold metal, especially so soon after the TdF.

Why do commentators insist on distorting rider's name. I mean, Podacar isn't difficult to say is it? Why do they keep saying Podatchar ? You don't drive a Tchar do you? It is a very clear "car" at the end of his name.
Apart from that, congratulations to Carapaz, a well deserved gold metal, especially so soon after the TdF.

Pogacar? :rolleyes:

View: https://youtu.be/kOsFFCLewfY

Last edited:

yello

I must admit that I find the Olympics format more interesting.

Almost a different sport! Tactically different. I did wonder though that, were it not for WVA, if we'd have seen any one of that chasing pack risk losing a chance at bronze to chase down Carapaz and McNulty. They all seemed content to look at each other. Even the commentators were saying it was Carapaz & McNulty for gold/silver when the gap was around 50 seconds, and I was kinda incredulous at that given the strength in that chasing pack. But then I was thinking of the other type of road racing!

Top Bottom