OMG! Unicycling on a chimney.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

I bet his mum was delighted.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
It just proves that it's all in the mind as few people would hesitate to try unicycle riding on a metre-wide circular path at ground level; it's just the exposure that creates the fear. I can only think of solo mountaineers who have the ability to conquer fear to such an extent.

It is all about trusting yourself to do it - You know you can do it, so you just have to trust your body whilst you either try to override your surrounds, or you are so confident that you don't need to override anything at all. Of course, you wouldn't just do that straight off, he will have built up to it, but still.....

Also, I seem to remember reading about people who work at great heights, and what they said was that if you fall off, you are probably going to die anyway, so why worry about it?
I am sure that is easier said than done, but there must be a great calmness of mind if you can think like that.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm afraid I am with milkfloat on this one. It is not something that everybody could do (I acknowledge that) but the question has to be asked should they be doing it? It is terribly irresponsible and the consequences of it going wrong do not bear thinking about.
Me too ...

It doesn't matter how skilled you are, if a sudden gust of wind caught you doing that then you would possibly die. I have ridden down roads with far less exposure than that and been shunted sideways by wind that caught me out. I just don't see the thrill of doing that as being worth the grief that you would leave behind you.

I can see the excitement of rock climbing. I think the risks of doing it with the right safety equipment would be acceptable. Free climbing though ... eek:

But I'm just a boring old b*st*rd so I would say that! :laugh:

irw

Quadricyclist
How did they get up there?
The bit they don't show you is the two hour wall-of-death style ride from the bottom...!

classic33

Leg End Member
It is all about trusting yourself to do it - You know you can do it, so you just have to trust your body whilst you either try to override your surrounds, or you are so confident that you don't need to override anything at all. Of course, you wouldn't just do that straight off, he will have built up to it, but still.....

Also, I seem to remember reading about people who work at great heights, and what they said was that if you fall off, you are probably going to die anyway, so why worry about it?
I am sure that is easier said than done, but there must be a great calmness of mind if you can think like that.
Falling, unless you hit something whilst falling will seldom kill you. It's the sudden stop when you stop falling that does the damage.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
This reminded me of the way in which Bond gets rid of Blofeld in For Your Eyes Only....Mr Boooooooond (crash!). Talking of vertigo-inducing telly, did anyone catch the episode of Forces of Nature featuring the Ibex?. Blimey, they are really nimble!!.

Top Bottom