On holiday from tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I taking two two weeks (and two days!) off from work, starting tomorrow. Yippeee! :smile:

We aren't going anywhere as such. Next week the kids will be sent to nursery, so that we can do normal things, like have lunch, go to the cinema, go shopping etc (folk with kids will understand why this is such a treat!). The following week we will be down at the inlaws (back in time for Pedal for Scotland, so don't worry Dayvo!).

The only downside is I won't get to commute on the bike much :wacko:, although if I want to avoid getting a sore bum on Pedal for Scotland, I will have to get out on the bike a bit (what a great excuse :biggrin:).

So although I'll still be popping in I won't be as regular and there shouldn't be any new videos! I'm sure normal service will resume when I return!

Have a good holiday Magnatom. How long have I got before I have to sponsor you? Can I post my 50p?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Crackle said:
Have a good holiday Magnatom. How long have I got before I have to sponsor you? Can I post my 50p?
:biggrin:

It's not until the 14th of September, so plenty of time. Remember, it is 50p a mile...:smile::wacko:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Have a good holiday. I'm off from today for 15 days too :biggrin: back to work on 12th Sep till 16th then off for another two weeks :wacko:
Without commuting, my mileage may drop a little, but hopefully i'll get out for a few 30-40 mile loops & planning a two day ride to west Yorks to see some friends & family (weather permitting :smile:)

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Speicher said:
Is it just you and Goo Mason who are asking for sponsorship?

Just me actually. He's finished now so send all your cash my way.

Only kidding !! I think we're the only two who've stooped to the level of being sponsorship tarts on the forum... :smile::biggrin::biggrin:

Greedo

have a good one mate. I've not got any kids and just having the time to do that and potter about would be good. See you're from Glasgow. The new cinema at Xscape in braehead is pretty good if you've not been yet

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Greedo said:
have a good one mate. I've not got any kids and just having the time to do that and potter about would be good. See you're from Glasgow. The new cinema at Xscape in braehead is pretty good if you've not been yet

I haven't been there yet. Mmm. That's a good idea, could do some shopping, check out xscape (not seen that yet) and catch a film. Are there any decent restaurants in there, or is it the usual suspects?

Greedo

To be honest it's just the usual suspects. From memory in xscape there's

pizza express
nandos
TGI's
O Briens
Frankie and bennys
Some other mexican
China Buffet king
and a couple of other pizza/steak type places
And some Wetherspoons type place

There's an Evans cycles there as well as Billabong and other oudoor type shops

magnatom said:
I haven't been there yet. Mmm. That's a good idea, could do some shopping, check out xscape (not seen that yet) and catch a film. Are there any decent restaurants in there, or is it the usual suspects?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Greedo said:
To be honest it's just the usual suspects. From memory in xscape there's

pizza express
nandos
TGI's
O Briens
Frankie and bennys
Some other mexican
China Buffet king
and a couple of other pizza/steak type places
And some Wetherspoons type place

There's an Evans cycles there as well as Billabong and other oudoor type shops

Hmm. I think we will eat elsewhere! But the proximity of a bike shop must be a good thing......I'd just like to check out the sizing of a Sirrus Elite while I'm passing. Just for future reference, you understand...:smile::ohmy:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Uncle Mort said:
Oh yes I know exactly what you mean!

PS. I've slipped a couple of fivers in your sponsorship box as well - have fun!
You did indeed. Thank you very much! :sad: I am really looking forward to the ride. My first recreational ride of any consequence since I was 14!;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Dayvo said:
Happy hols, Magna! :sad:

Long lazy mornings where every day seems like Saturday! :becool:

Hope the weather's good for days out, and bad later on for evenings in! :tongue:

See ya in just over two weeks!

:ohmy::rofl::rofl::rofl: Sorry, I'm just laughing at having long lazy mornings. That will never happen with kids in the house! 6:30am is a sleep in and the kids wake up like ;)

:biggrin:

I'll be in touch soon to confirm things and stuff!:smile:

Top Bottom