One of my favourite facts is

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
upsidedown said:
that Edinburgh is west of Carlisle, Manchester and Bristol.

I think it is just about north of all three!

(It may be further west)

What if you put 1000 volts through the elephant? That should make it jump.

montage

God Almighty
dodgy said:
Heard it said many times, my Tibetan Terrier must be an abberation, because she can see squirrels in the trees while walking along :evil:

Yes but it looks up by moving its whole head...not by rolling its eye's upwards :angry:

Cubist

Still wavin'
it does. And the line across a lower case "t" is a jot. Hence the expression "every jot and tittle", sometimes paraphrased as "crossing the t's and dotting the i's"

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
One of my riper windy offerings could melt an igloo :angry:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Cubist said:
it does. And the line across a lower case "t" is a jot. Hence the expression "every jot and tittle", sometimes paraphrased as "crossing the t's and dotting the i's"
Although I thought that came from Hebrew Yodh (not sure about the tittle), Matthew 5:18. In the Greek it is an 'iota' (name for letter i) and a 'dot' which would presumably refer to pointing in Hebrew (if it was around then).

bonj2

Pottsy said:
More people are alive today than have ever died in the history of the world.

This is bollocks. The total amount of people alive today is about ONE TENTH of the amount of people who have ever lived.

bonj2

cyclenic;656223][quote name= said:
Eskimos cannot fart.

why not?[/QUOTE]

it's illegal in eskimo-land. Carries a maximum fine of £500 or seven days in prison. Didn't you know that? Christ it's a good job you haven't gone there and tested it out!

bonj2

bonj said:
This is bollocks. The total amount of people alive today is about ONE TENTH of the amount of people who have ever lived.

What definitely is true though: there are more mobile phones in britain than there are people.

Top Bottom