One of my favourite facts is

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
[quote name='swee'pea99']There is a 98.2% chance that at least one of the molecules you have just inhaled came from Caesar’s last breath.[/QUOTE]

Wondered what was causing the smell of garlic!!

FBOAB

theclaud said:
That particular fact is not so much a fact as a made-up thing. Have you been watching that channel called Dave?

I knew this before QI so there! :angry: Actually it was the notion that the wedding of Princess Margret used confetti made up of didcots that was the madey up thingy.

A ducks qwack DOES produce an echo.

Pistachio nuts are classed as a dangeruos cargo in shipping.

Lightning flashes from the ground up and not the other way round.

A peanut is not a nut.

Cats are a fruit.

There is no life in the universe. (The universe consists of an infinate number of planets of which only a finite number have life existing on them. Any finite number divided by infinity is as close to zero as to make no difference QED)

(I'm tired now and going for a lie down)

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
cchapman said:
Thanks for that link, I'll looka t it tomorow, It is already 2:35 am herem and I havew work tomorrow, I'm tired and I know I'll dream of 'et tu Brute,

Ha,
so a mathematician came up with the notion based on an assumption that 2,000 years was enough time for an homogeneous mix of molecules.

He's also assuming that none of the molecules have subsequently been involved in:

respiration
photosynthesis
oxidation
the nitrogen cycle

and that all are still available to make people gasp with incredulity.

The numbers do stack up if the assumption that all molecules of the dying breath are still available in the atmosphere. It's a standard A-level, or rather it was a standard A-level standard question when I taught the subject a couple of decades ago.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
When travelling at the speed of light, if you switch on your headlights ......

.. no one can see you/them

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
'Feedback' is the only word in the English language that contains the first six letters of the alphabet.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Charles Lindbergh took only four sandwiches with him on his famous transatlantic flight

& yours is an excellent fact if I may say so

Ashtrayhead said:
'Feedback' is the only word in the English language that contains the first six letters of the alphabet.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
andrew-the-tortoise said:
If the earth were scaled down to the size of a squash ball, it would be smoother than a real squash ball.

Reminds me of that saying about Kansas being flatter than a pancake, someone is supposed to have studied it and decided that it is a great deal flatter!

Top Bottom