Oops!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Great bike and a fantastic price Vickster.
Including the value of the bronze service and all the discounts and freebies, what do you think the actual cost is?
Erm...
£540 less 10%=£486
Less £100 accessories...£386
Less £16 Quidco (when paid)...£370
Bronze service is £30 apparently so that's £340 actual cost sort of... :smile:

Apparently they have one in stock in Harrogate in 53cm ;) But you wouldn't get the service as that's exclusive to London area Cyclerepublic stores

wonderloaf

Veteran
I'm sure the £100 free accessories will cover those ;)

Although @wonderloaf apparently it does come with some sort of pedal

I normally use m520s but might try the Boardman alikes for brand coordination

The black tape will have to go of course too!

Think £100 should just about cover a pair of pedals ^_^ I've got A520's on mine, like the fact that you get the support around cleat mech (and they look a little bit like road pedals).

Did someone mention pink tape? How about some pink Boardman bar tape, only a £1 at the mo :whistle:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Have to have cleat mech on both side for me. I hated the A600, light pricey version of the a520!

D

Deleted member 1258

Nice one Vickster.

For those who moan about the price of bikes today compared to some mythical age in the past where they were practically giving them away, decent quality machines are now available at a price that is cheaper than ever in real terms.

Yes there's some bargains about at the moment, I opened my facebook page this evening and one of the first things I saw was an advert for the Ribble winter bike, 11 speed shimano 105 for £650.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribbl... Social&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=BotW

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Shame, you need to grow a bit ;)
only way im getting taller
img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=29027403.jpg

Is it time we staged an intervention? How many is too many?
intervention.jpg

:smile:

outlash

also available in orange
S'alright that for the price :smile:. Still don't get why Boardman's crosssers have compact chainrings rather than CX despite being fully UCI compliant..

But the brakes are shocking and the crankarms are 175mm which is huge

BB5's are shocking? Really? And just how does 2.5 - 5mm on your crankarm make that much of a difference?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
S'alright that for the price :smile:. Still don't get why Boardman's crosssers have compact chainrings rather than CX despite being fully UCI compliant..

BB5's are shocking? Really? And just how does 2.5 - 5mm on your crankarm make that much of a difference?
Yes bb5s are shocking compared to bb7s and trp spyres......and i run 165mm cranks, so for me that would be 10mm difference......i wasnt aware until vickster mentioned it how long here cranks were.

Any more daft questions???

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member

With my propensity for calamity I very much doubt I'll actually me doing CX

I'll see how the brakes are, can always upgrade presumably if they are really that bad in the dry

@Pale Rider doesnt say his mate has an issue with the brakes :smile:

I'm off to pick it up soon, will try to have a ride if it stays dry and report back

Last edited:

Jimidh

Veteran
With my propensity for calamity I very much doubt I'll actually me doing CX

I'll see how the brakes are, can always upgrade presumably if they are really that bad in the dry

@Pale Rider doesnt say his mate has an issue with the brakes :smile:

I'm off to pick it up soon, will try to have a ride if it stays dry and report back

Hope you enjoy your CX as much is I do mine, a Trek Crocket, I can't stop smiling when I ride it.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Erm...
£540 less 10%=£486
Less £100 accessories...£386
Less £16 Quidco (when paid)...£370
Bronze service is £30 apparently so that's £340 actual cost sort of... :smile:

Apparently they have one in stock in Harrogate in 53cm ;) But you wouldn't get the service as that's exclusive to London area Cyclerepublic stores

Absolute bargain, well done :thumbsup:

Enjoy :bicycle:

subaqua

What’s the point
Is it time we staged an intervention? How many is too many?
intervention.jpg

:smile:

While the minimum number of bikes one should own is three, the correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned. This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner

Top Bottom