Open Offices are too loud.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

We have a guy in our office that I call 'thumper' because of his keyboard habits. It's really annoying, and so are people who shout into phones!

Difficult subject to tackle, I reckon your boss was right to tackle it, takes a bit of bottle but worth it :laugh:

Fortunately I work at home 4 days out of 5 these days!

beancounter

I have an office, and I also have a desk with my team in the open plan office.

Although the open plan office IS noisy, I prefer to sit with my team 95% of the time, unless I'm doing something confidential.

bc

Night Train

Maker of Things
User1314 said:
"Don't take this in the wrong way" she smiled nervously. "Can you be less loud, please? You're very loud on the phone. And you bang the keyboards really hard. I have a lot on at the moment and need to concentrate. I have tried to hint over the last few weeks but you haven't picked them up. I've probably been too subtle, with you being a bloke."
Contact HR over her sexist comments and then carry on typing like a man and speaking with a man's voice on the phone.:laugh:

Seriously though I'd have an informal word wth her about the sexist comment.

dodgy

Not sexist at all, it's common knowledge that blokes don't pick up on subtlety.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Night Train said:
Contact HR over her sexist comments and then carry on typing like a man and speaking with a man's voice on the phone.:ohmy:

Seriously though I'd have an informal word wth her about the sexist comment.

OTT, I think. No harm done ans she was probably trying to inject a touch of humour to help the awkward situation?

ChrisKH

Guru
beancounter said:
I have an office, and I also have a desk with my team in the open plan office.

Although the open plan office IS noisy, I prefer to sit with my team 95% of the time, unless I'm doing something confidential.

bc

Sod that, I'm not sitting with my team. They talk absolute drivel and I would never get any work done. I combat this non-teamplayer quality by having an open door policy. You have to open my door to speak to me.

Seriously, I find it better to keep some distance between me and the team otherwise I might end up sleeping with them.

:ohmy:

tyred

Legendary Member
There used to be a girl in my company who spoke so loud on the phone that I could here her when I was upstairs in my workshop. With the radio on. The others who actually shared the office with her were forever complaining about her.

ChrisKH

Guru
TheDoctor said:
Like it's common knowledge that women can't drive / read maps / exist without 15 000 pairs of shoes? :ohmy:

I do hate these sexist sweeping generalisations. My wife's actually a very good driver.............

Top Bottom