Ouch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Diggs

Diggs

Veteran
Can they not fuse the bones? I have non union in my neck, but it has only been 5 months now, but they have said they can fuse it if needs be.
They can (as they do as a matter of course for the likes of Cavendish and Stybar to name two recent examples ) but generally from class I to III they tend not to operate. I have almost full movement and (although it's not all plain sailing) if it doesn't impact too much on the day to day, there's no point in going through all that. That said, if there are problems, they can rebuild the ligaments which will pull it back down

Sods_Laur

How did the physio go? I got put in a 4 week bootcamp at the end of my treatment which sorted me out but since then I've been lazy and not kept up with the specific exercises I was given and basically forgot what they were. However I came across a really good resource on another cycling forum (we apparently get a lot of shoulder injuries) which has all of them in. When I'm not on my mobile I'll post the link.

OP
OP
Diggs

Diggs

Veteran
How did the physio go? I got put in a 4 week bootcamp at the end of my treatment which sorted me out but since then I've been lazy and not kept up with the specific exercises I was given and basically forgot what they were. However I came across a really good resource on another cycling forum (we apparently get a lot of shoulder injuries) which has all of them in. When I'm not on my mobile I'll post the link.
Basically I have a number of exercises to strengthen the muscles around the should blade (which the consultant has confirmed will be where I will probably feel the fatigue the most). If you have any decent exercises, I'd appreciate it if just for some variety.
Must admit I'm feeling the shoulder a lot more this week but that may be because I'm using it more as have been given the go ahead to do anything.

Top Bottom