Oxford to London (Acton) overnight (or the Lun Run) Friday 3rd of July ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Dears

My plan for the Dun Run has been blown again and so I'm throwing caution to the wind and organising an all-comers at their own risk night ride from Oxford station to Cafe Paulo in Acton for a smashing brekkie.

Here's the score. Rock-up at Oxford station on Friday evening for an immediate depart at Midnight.
This will be the easier route so newbies can attend. That means:

Oxford, Cowley (for wildlife), Horsepath, Wheatley (more wildlife), Thame (Loadsa wildlife), Chinnor hill (for hot badger action), Bledlow ridge, High Wycombe, Loudwater, Beaconsfield Services for grub.
Then Potkin lane, Welders lane, Chalfont St Peter, Harefield, Northolt, Sexual Ealing and Acton.

Will plot the route and post later.

Approx 60 genteelish miles.
I'm running this as a 'Newbie to Night Riding' with our Abingdon Freewheeling and others as it should be warm and only around 4+ hours of lighting are fully required. YACF the LBC and crowd have been invited too. I'll probably Brommie it so the pace will be chatty and reasonable.

Last minute I know .... but such is life!

Let me know if you're coming as I need to make sure Paulo has enough bangers!

FF
modify_inline.gif

I'm in France for the next few weeks (whoops forgot don't live in Oxford any more )
Have a good ride.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
Chinnor Hill was on the Windsor Flyer audax the other week, Gail managed it OK.
She says it is much easier than Ditchling. (She had to walk that).

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Fabbers, is Chinnor Hill the most challenging bit? I read it's a bit easier than Ditchling and about the same length.
Yes.
I'd say Chinnor is a tad shorter and doesn't undulate so it's a more consistent effort. You thinking of coming along? You'd be most welcome!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Thank you.

Having done this ride a number of times, I confirm it's a cracker. Please note the wildlife referred to consists of the 2 legged and 4 legged versions, so plenty of variety to keep you entertained. Sadly I can't partake as I'm running a Dr Bike session on Saturday, but have fun.

Top Bottom