Paintball - shot from a van

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazyfatgit

Anyone got any experience of paintball?

I got hit from something fired from a passing van.
Yellow creamy gunk down side of jersey, with a blue coating.

Pretty sore, left a 50p size welt with a 1p size centre ring. Didn't draw blood, but deep enough to have some plasma trickle out.

Rather shocked at the time. Cycled to the local nick, where it was taken very seriously.

Still pretty pissed off.

Mr Pig

lazyfatgit said:
Cycled to the local nick, where it was taken very seriously.

Well that's something I suppose.

OP
OP
lazyfatgit

lazyfatgit

Police treaeted it as an assault. Chap who took statement advised control centre of vehicle details and potential weapon and requested stop and search.

Don't think there's much they can do. But it may mean they can join the dots with other incidents.

lazyfatgit said:
Police treaeted it as an assault. Chap who took statement advised control centre of vehicle details and potential weapon and requested stop and search.

Don't think there's much they can do. But it may mean they can join the dots with other incidents.

it is essentially assault with a weapon tho

it is possible to seriously and permanently injure someone with a paint ball gun, hence the eye protection and some padding that you get.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
lazyfatgit said:
Anyone got any experience of paintball?

I got hit from something fired from a passing van.
Yellow creamy gunk down side of jersey, with a blue coating.

Pretty sore, left a 50p size welt with a 1p size centre ring. Didn't draw blood, but deep enough to have some plasma trickle out.

Rather shocked at the time. Cycled to the local nick, where it was taken very seriously.

Still pretty pissed off.

It should have been taken very seriously it is not only assault but monkeying around with a weapon in a public place. It was probably shot at fairly close quarters <15ft to hit you. Cycling atire is not meant for paintball you could injure someone quite badly in theory and that's aside from the eye angle.

OP
OP
lazyfatgit

lazyfatgit

marinyork said:
It should have been taken very seriously it is not only assault but monkeying around with a weapon in a public place. It was probably shot at fairly close quarters <15ft to hit you. The twat hit me in the ribs as he passed, about 5ft Max. Cycling atire is not meant for paintball you could injure someone quite badly in theory and that's aside from the eye angle.

I feared at first it was a ball bearing gun or air pistol and the gunk was gonna be blood.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
You can do some fairly dangerous damage to someone at that distance. It is against the rules at least some paintballing centres to shoot someone fully kitted up at that range.

Anyway I hope they get picked up by ANPR and get scared witless. Full helicopter and the works. These people need catching.

OP
OP
lazyfatgit

lazyfatgit

Unfortunately as i was out for a longish pootle i didn't bother with the camera. I've got an action cam which i play about with sometimes. Otherwise there would be no uncertainty about the van.

I'm sure whatever happens he'll get his comuppence at some point.

Crankarm

Guru
lazyfatgit said:

There's a lot plod can do they are just fobbing you off. They could take your jersey and submit it for paint analysis. Catch the culprits. Search their vehicle and homes. Look for a match of the paint on your jersey with a paint ball gun or residues on or in any surface in the car or their homes. Take DNA swabs from gun to see if they yield any profiles of those handling the gun. Take DNA swabs from the suspects for comparison. Do a forensic search of the vehicle when recovered. Recover any unused paint gun cartridges. This is all time and money. The police don't see assualts on cyclists anywhere on their list of targets so they won't devote any resources or time to solving the crimes ;).

Helly79

there was a report on crime watch the other day regarding paintbal guns and paint balls been nick but I can remember whereabouts.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Did you give them the vehicle number? If you did, they driver will get stopped next time a car equipped with ANPR sees him. In Lancashire if the Police get more than 3 reports they will go round for a chat with the driver. We successfully dealt with an idiot in our street that way; he now drives much more carefully.

OP
OP
lazyfatgit

lazyfatgit

Rigid Raider said:
Did you give them the vehicle number? If you did, they driver will get stopped next time a car equipped with ANPR sees him. In Lancashire if the Police get more than 3 reports they will go round for a chat with the driver. We successfully dealt with an idiot in our street that way; he now drives much more carefully.

I didn't get the index, but i gave them a description of the van and the details were circulated by radio fairly quickly into my interview. I guess they need to make sure you're not a crank before stopping vehicles.

OP
OP
lazyfatgit

lazyfatgit

Crankarm said:
There's a lot plod can do they are just fobbing you off. They could take your jersey and submit it for paint analysis.

At no point did i feel foobbed off.

They definately took the incident very seriously.

I just don't think they will have much luck if this is an isolated incident.

I really went along as i wanted to try and get something positive to do rather than just stewing and blowing a gasket.

It may well be tied in some way to some other incident.

eg. there was a shed load of paintball stuff stolen from Cumbernauld not too long ago...

Top Bottom