Paris Roubaix - Spoilers be here.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hont

Guru
You need some luck to win P-R, whoever you are. A mechanical in the wrong place and it doesn't matter how strong you are. Wiggins can win it, but I wouldn't have him down as favourite. I suspect there are ulterior motives behind Boonen's prediction.

Current Paddy Power betting has Kristoff the favourite (understandably) with Wiggins joint 3rd...

PRodds.jpg

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
...in glorious technicolor! Funny looking bunch. ;)
View attachment 85220
Terrible photo. Wiggins looks "relieved" IYKWIM

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I am starting to feel really excited about this. In some ways, it's weird for a little climber like me to think of Paris-Roubaix as my favourite race. It's the kind of race that would be totally unsuited to my build (even if I ever 'could have been a contender' - which I couldn't). It's long, flat and windy and on farked up surfaces, and it's just the most thrilling bike race in existence. In the end, I don't care who wins, I just want to see the struggle, and I can't wait...

Doyleyburger

Veteran
I reckon it'll be down to Terpstra and Kristoff with Thomas thrown into the mix. Kristoff is in fine form so he's my tip to win

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It's certainly not Thomas's, he's too lightweight. Terpstra too might not have the bulk.

Kristoff's does have it, but I just have a (completely subjective) feeling that it's not his race, at least not this year. Some year, Stybar has to win it, and maybe it's this year. Stannard could do it sometime too, but he's still coming back to form. Wiggins, I imagine, has a finely honed plan and I have no doubt he will put everything into. He's certainly capable of anything he puts his mind to and he's physically ready this year. It would be the fairytale ending to a road career, but how often do such plans pan out?

Chris Norton

Terpstra i my tip. Reckon he's had a brilliant start to the season. Sky's team photo's always look as if they all have big heads compared to shoulders. Very odd.

Our club have a Paris Roubaix day on Sunday. A ride on all the crappy roads round here (there's lots to choose from) then a BBQ in the afternoon for the race. Can't wait, just hope it rains in northern France just to add an extra dimension.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Some outside picks: Van Summeren, Boom, Bak (has looked on good, aggressive form recently), Benoot - it would be an amazing story if Benoot won, given his age and 'part-time' status...

Some outside picks: Van Summeren, Boom, Bak (has looked on good, aggressive form recently), Benoot - it would be an amazing story if Benoot won, given his age and 'part-time' status...

Benoot's ride in Flanders was very impressive. And I would not discount him for Roubaix. I reckon Lotto-Soudal have more options than any other team.

Top Bottom