Peak District. Dark Peaks CC ride anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Anyone interested in a CC ride in the Dark (or theoretically White) Peaks area? 40-70 miles considered. Feb or March? Anyone remotely interested?

longers

Legendary Member
Yes please :evil:

21st/22nd of March is the first time I'm free, but don't let that stop you organising anything else on a different date.

Christopher

Über Member
I am interested but not sure of dates yet. I want to do The Strines sometime this year. Am seeing Herself this w/e so should have a better idea of dates next week.

I'd be up for it too. I need hill practice for the Cheshire Cat.

Reccy-ed Mow Cop today (the jobs of unemployment!). I couldn't see the top from the bottom as it was covered in cloud. I also thought the top was where the pub was for some reason so as that hove into view I mentally relaxed. The bloody thing carried on for ages after the pub though!

trio25

Über Member
I'm up for a ride round there. I'll keep an eye on the dates and see if I can make it.

OP
OP
marinyork

marinyork

A lot of responses. My message must not have appeared. Hey longers I hope the insurance on your bike is getting sorted out. What sort of areas were you interested in?

Frustruck, did you mean Strines near Manchester (which I've never been to) or the Strines near Sheffield? If people are interested in the one near Sheffield there could be a 30 or 40 mile loop around Holmfirth/Langsett/Stocksbridge/Strines/Penistone. I think technically most of that is in the Dark Peak. There's also a good cafe at Langsett.

What sort of areas were people thinking of? I haven't been to Edale for ages.

Christopher

Über Member
hi marin
The Sheffield Strines - the hideous training loop used by local riders to get fit. I have a map of it cut out of Cycling Weekly.
But it would go along on any ride, we could even mix in a bit of the High Peak Railway path - bit dull but good views.

OP
OP
marinyork

marinyork

Well Strines isn't very far for me. I go up the lower ends of those valleys sometimes. Is there an on-line description of the loop?

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I'm possibly up for it.
Trouble is I'm currently working every other weekend.
If I'm free though I'd jump at a ride/push over Strines :smile:

bonj2

just don't bloody go UP the snake pass towards glossop, then back DOWN winnats, do it the other way round (clockwise) even if you do have to go up winnats. I did it anticlockwise a few months ago, bloody nightmare,what a drag

i might be upfor something if it involves the descent from top of glossop to ladybower

Top Bottom