pedal for scotland 6 September 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did the PoS a few times, now moved on to the Edinburgh to St Andrew's, which I think is a nice ride and atmosphere. Its soon so you need to get on your bike if you need to train for it..... :smile:

All i know is its near leith :smile:
Cheers Col, I think I know where it is. I take it it's the same to get back there fromthe finish at Murrayfield?

jnrmczip

I'm also going to sign up for this either the middle or big ride if doing the middle I will likely cycle back to glasgow. If doing the 110 will most likely park the car up in Edinburgh the nite before or a range to be picked up when I'm finished. Saying this I am a sucker for beer decisions decisions

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'm thinking about doing the 47 mile ride too.

But I don't fancy the bus ride back. I'll maybe have to talk nice to the bosslady...

:okay:
Take the train with the bike, you might not get on the first train of choice, but there are quite a few.
It is a short ride from Murryfield to the entrance to the canal that takes you to town and Waverly.
Find it on Google map.

the_craig

Über Member
Take the train with the bike, you might not get on the first train of choice, but there are quite a few.
It is a short ride from Murryfield to the entrance to the canal that takes you to town and Waverly.
Find it on Google map.

I actually forgot all about the train. The Sunday service runs from Haymarket to the Shire.

And it means I don't have to worry about driving... :cheers:

Col5632

Guru
Cheers Col, I think I know where it is. I take it it's the same to get back there fromthe finish at Murrayfield?

Sorry I'm talking rubbish, I forgot the ride now finishes at Murrayfield so just park near that and get the bus to Glasgow :smile:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Find it on Google map.
I actually forgot all about the train. The Sunday service runs from Haymarket to the Shire.

And it means I don't have to worry about driving... :cheers:

From memory; do Scotrail not have a complete ban on taking cycles on trains between Glasgow and Edinburgh on PFS day?
I seem to remember that being the case on some previous years. Presumably the sheer numbers of bikes would cause chaos if they were allowed.

frogeyes

I'll just be doing the 47 this year.
In the last 5 miles or so the path is very narrow and people get very upset if you try to overtake them....
I'll be booking as early a space as possible and will probably take my van through

Top Bottom