pedal for scotland 6 September 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
I feel there is more chance of being knocked off my bike in this event than in any commute to work.

Done it twice been knocked off twice by numpties who stop right in front of u or cut in front of u and swerve about all over the place , I won't b doing it again for this reason

frogeyes

Done it twice been knocked off twice by numpties who stop right in front of u or cut in front of u and swerve about all over the place , I won't b doing it again for this reason
Had a few close ones last year but once you get out of Glasgow centre it gets easier

Col5632

Guru
There is defo a lot of 'beginners' which is good but some are unable to even keep in a straight line so it makes for very careful cycling at the start

the_craig

Über Member
Been having a wee look on the Scotrail website about the possibility of getting the train home after this. (Link)

There is no specific restrictions on taking a bike on the train from Glasgow to Edinburgh and there is no need to reserve a space.

But I think I'll give them a call and find out any restrictions on that day.

Glasgow44

Veteran
I did it for the first time this year on my Specialized Sirrus Sport - was a great day weather wise and a great ride. Getting back wasn't the problem - the folks I was with had hired a minibus to come back to Glasgow but I got the train back (I was in a different part of Glasgow from the others) - train from Haymarket - not too much of a problem to be honest.

frogeyes

A friend of mine did it for the first time this year. He was knocked into by someone else causing broken ribs and damaging his bike beyond use. The guy that hit him didnt even stop to check he was ok.
That, unfortunately seems to happen a lot at this event.

Top Bottom